If We Vote Out ?

diverdave

My thoughts are what a sad world we live in.

When you see/read Western approaches from Chris I think we are maybe better off staying in to put our points forward. The volume of jobs involved compared to the likes of the steel industry, I would imagine would be relatively small in the fishing industry, so no government will move with any intention/aggression to help out the poor old Bass.

We unfortunately have to keep banging away however much it seems like an up hill waste of time, some one some where must listen before it's too late.

PLEASE

Preaching to the converted I know

My gut feel is we'll constrain RSA bass catches and commercial landings in the way the EU should have implemented it....and enforce a 200 mile limit.

Mike

I know that you like going to France Mike but if we enforce a 200 mile limit, the UK will extend to just short of Paris and take in most Eire for that matter :)

• 2 weeks later...

I actually worry an.out vote would lead to a lot of deregulation as it would be fashionable to appear to be benefiting British fishing fleets,two years later multiple species would crash.

Yesterday I watched an interview with a trawler skipper bemoaning the fact they have to land bycatch and not just discard it