New bass limits 2016

lady jane

Needs to be highlighted on our website as a Petition. If you look at the interactive map associated with the Petition (difficult to get into) that shows the counties where people lived that voted you get an interesting picture. I spoke to Dave Mitchelle at the Angling Trust about this on the 4th. January. They were not aware of the petition , but are aware of the issue. More to say on this privately. Delighted to see we have reached 10,000 plus. Keep the votes coming. There are other things going on with direct approaches to George Eustice, the Fisheries Minister. Will talk with you Thursday as we need to keep up the pressure and make our voices heard.

Agreed Allan, we need to do all we can to raise the profile of this issue- both of the situation with Bass, and how these recent measures do little to help the situation (if not make it worse).

AT have been pushing this Petition for the last few days, as have other prominent anglers and Conservationists.

Other prominent Anglers are blaming this on those prominent anglers and Conservationists, which isn't very helpful!

Admin- can this be pinned please and/or a link to the petition be but on the front page?

Again, agreed- Ministers and MP's need to be contacted again to keep them on their toes.  But again, not helpful are anglers being abusive to George Eustice via (anti)social media...

DEFRA have released this: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-commercial-and-recreational-fishing-restrictions-for-bass-in-2016

Thanks all for spreading the word on these topics. Once I've paid for Christmas I need to get my laptop fixed- before it gets thrown through a closed window!