Thursday 26th. Nov.

Leicester Fisheagle

Popped out today with a mate Conrad that had never caught a cod......no pressure then!

Straight out to the carpark on a lovely day where I had a couple of congers then later nod nod so I hit it and passed it to Conrad which he duly wound up a small cod and said " still haven't caught one".

So I caught another 3 which sort of impressed him but says"I still haven't caught one" so I made up a special bait for him all nicely wrapped,down it goes and 10 minutes later......"I think I might have a cod on".

He huffed and puffed but eventually lands one.....thank god!

So 5 cod today all around 7/9lb got through tons of cuttle and 7lb of squid but at least I broke Conrads cod cherry

post-1213-0-56425800-1448564684_thumb.jpeg

Looks like you have shown us how to do it again. No cod for Fisheagle and I suspect we were not the only boat not to catch listening to some of the chat between some of the charters. Had a reasonable number of whiting to 2.5 lbs., some strap conger, dogs, pout, a herring and a few rays the best a15. 5lbs. Undulate to myself.

Out today also, as Neal's guest aboard Court Jester ( for a change ) together with Ian Simpson - who's always guaranteed to keep the banter at max level..

Once again Neal found the cod for us - this was after a number of jumbo pout and regular visits to the kennel.

We ended up with six cod to 8lb 12oz as well as four good whiting.

Another enjoyable day afloat.