Wishin boats weren't a pain

niggle

As I reported my leg went bang Sunday ,Cobbs were great and boat out first thing Monday so with my spare leg in the boot of my car I went down after work with Chris and my friend Pete and put it on.

At 7 pm back in the water and out through the harbour with Chris so far so good,opened her up once outside......great then in Studland bay I was turning round to go back and loss of drive......bu@@er.

Turned her off for a while tried again had drive? After a short distance gone again,this happened several times but in the end with the incoming tide we managed to do 6 knots without any loss of drive and got back to Cobbs where she will have to be lifted again!!!

I think it's either the leg oil filter blocking or in leg oil pressure relief valve sticking as both can give these symptoms.

Boats love them,hate them when they play up

post-1213-0-56512500-1439878179_thumb.jpg

Hopefully sorted,as my leg is hydraulic driven checked main filter and relief valve and all ok

But found the oil pump control lever 5mm out of adjustment.......so wasn't giving drive full oil delivery.......fingers crossed that's it.

So new oil and rebuilt and a test after work tomorrow.........hopefully won't require sea start

I will be local......stuck on dry land as still playing up when tested tonight.

Will wait now until Paul at BBMS is back next week as he sold me the spare leg.......it works fine at 10 knots but does not like full throttle , I loose drive but still have reverse.If I turn it off for a minute and restart it works again.....until full throttle.

I'll talk to him Monday about both the legs ,I wonder if I could get a bulk discount on lift outs at Cobbs