Where on Cobbs Quay

Maverick Martin

Adam definitely not cheaper in fact around 1400 dearer than Cobbs for a pontoon berth

That's interesting. I wonder if Cobbs can dry berth mine at 28'? If they could it would be worth a quote... I'll be in the market for a berth again in a few weeks.... Don't every fancy being back in the water though, dry is the way forward I feel, esp. With an Outdrive.

Based on all the above criteria/factors I can think of a marina that ticks most boxes, would mean a bit of a drive Down the coast though. :)

I'd love to be based out of Portland, even for a try for a season or two.... But it makes a long journey even longer for boat partner Ian. It's a cracking Marina, with great access to some awesome fishing. Do they dry stack Matt?

That's interesting. I wonder if Cobbs can dry berth mine at 28'? If they could it would be worth a quote... I'll be in the market for a berth again in a few weeks.... Don't every fancy being back in the water though, dry is the way forward I feel, esp. With an Outdrive.

Adam they can and that was what I really wanted however a boat that size cannot go in the racks so has to be floor based for which they told me they're full.  I was offered a marina berth then put on the dry stack when/if a place becomes available.  The thing I have been fretting about mostly is having twin shafts how they would manage to dry berth without causing damage.  Not a lot of space left for forks and bunks.  

I have decided to try the Marina berth, if it doesn't work for me reconsider options next year.

I am sure if we as a club approached Quay Haven during the winter months we could get a good deal for an overnight stop for an early start or late arrival.

Then it is just a matter of dropping the boat off and come back to collect it when it suits, don't have to worry about bridges when you are in a hurry to get out.

Just got to get a lift down to the quay and away you go.