Alderney 2013

Adam F

:-) :-)

What a nice change this year not to have a borderline forecast, and not be on the phone every 5 mins changing plans!

A day of work, jobs and prep and a restless excited nights sleep before up and away early.

Sleep you will be lucky..... Not long now 😁

For anyone going to Alderney, I have two old copies of Reeds Nautical Almanacs going free to a good home. They include hour by hour indications of tidal stream direction and strength in the Channel Islands area - but you will need an up to date copy of Dover tide tables for 2013, probably free on the net.

With the Forecast wind strength, the wind against tide effects around Alderney, particularly in the Swinge and race itself can be interesting!

Any takers - and should I bring them in to tonight's meeting?

Mike

Hi Mike

Great, I'd like the other copy please as for Adam please give to Rob F or Alun J at tonight meeting and I'll collect from them when I'm in Alderney (tomorrow! :) ) It will be put to immediate use!

Many thanks

Steve

I feel a song coming on.......I'm so excited and I just can't hide it oh no oh no :)  It really shouldn't happen at my age but it does B)

I'm glad you got that out of your system before we leave.

Terry.

Boat nearly loaded, little jobs done, fuelled up, watered up, bet I forget something :rolleyes:

Martin

Good luck guys so envious! While I'm slaving away in a busy shop on a bank holiday weekend your going to be fishing in the Alderney sun, :) forecast looks great,:) safe trip and don't catch to many! I'll look forward to the reports.

folks

I have just whipped thro this thread, it brings back so many memories of my various attempt's to get there aided by several of you.

I have a boat fuelled up and serviced and ready to go that can do Alderney in 6 to 7 hours from here

but work and family and health don't allow it

good luck to you all, have great and safe and trouble free trips with great fishing.

look forward to seeing the reports

greg

and even more good luck to those who have been involved in my journeys over the last few years