Alderney 2013

Adam F

Hi Lads,

Just a bit of info for this coming trip.

I returned at the weekend after a 5 day trip to Alderney and we could not find mackerel anywhere across the Channel nor off the Island..... We did take a load of frozen with us and it certainly got the better results on the first 3 days until we run out. There are lots of launce to be caught on the banks, but mackerel was the preference.... best Turbot was 19 lb 4 oz  :rolleyes: not by me ...The best fish I managed was 11lb.

We will be travelling back out on Wed this week for a further 5 days and I will post if we have any joy finding mackerel.....

A safe crossing for all those going this weekend

Oh and just to wet your appetites....as if they need wetting :D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=377507412365516&set=a.377506865698904.1073741833.356144624501795&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=377679082348349&set=a.359017420881182.1073741830.356144624501795&type=1&theater

Tomo

Thanks Al.

I've heard that they are starting to get mackeral off Weymouth now and a few over the wrecks but not consistently. I expect we will source a few to get us going.

See you out there for a beer no doubt!

Adam

Looking at the weather I take it the get together is on this evening for anyone who is going to Alderney and can make tonight.

Endless supply of tea and coffee, just bring you own biscuits!

Ishida Europe ltd

Unit 1, 19 Willis Way,

Poole

BH15 3SS

Screen available if anyone wants to bring a laptop with any details to share etc.

Doors open for 7pm.

Chris

Ive been working down here all day, and dont fancy a 1.5hr trip home and back again for the meeting - Ive spoken to Charlie and I'm sending him as my spokesperson!

Just need to muddle through tomorrow and then Thurs will be packing and loading ready for the off!

Adam F, on 30 Apr 2013 - 08:03, said:

Dave, just order it with Mark and one of us will collect?

Thanks Adam, will do

Order placed and paid for if someone could collect for me please a spool of BERKLEY WHIPLASH CRYSTAL Braid 25lb 300 yards from Alderney Angling

Many thanks

Dave