Alderney 2010... try again!

Adam F

Quote-(all the best guys

have a great time and catch loads of fish, wish i was there with you

PJ )

Ditto!! good luck chaps biggrin.gif

not too envious! sick.gif

I'll look forward to the report's biggrin.gif

I'm out on Friday, I will be thinking of you guys out there 40 miles away Dream fishing! biggrin.gif

James

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as ever, stay flexible

accurate forecasts, detailed catch reports and tide tables all too easily give an illusion of a solid framework against which to plan in meticulous detail...

I'm sure that the window will deliver great opportunity - go out and enjoy

as ever, stay flexible

accurate forecasts, detailed catch reports and tide tables all too easily give an illusion of a solid framework against which to plan in meticulous detail...

I'm sure that the window will deliver great opportunity - go out and enjoy

Never a truer word spoken!

Even as we speak I'm thinking of heading staright to the banks on Thurs and Fri, and then wrecking Sat and Sun around the weather.

We will keep you posted!

Still looking breezy for sat and sun. Worst case may have to be come back Monday morning?

Yes, it is a possibility.

I'm still going. I'm going to take the laptop to keen an eye on the weather sites.

See you in a few hours Tom

Just spoke with Mark, at AA.

My current plan based on the forecast is to head straight to the Shoale tomorrow morning... I can fish mid channel anytime, and I want to make the most of the good weather.

I'll then do the same on Friday, and wait and see what Sat / Sun brings. Ideally I'll batten down the hatched and plug on back Sun if we dont get much more than a F4 E - if we do and it's not sensible, then leave Monday morning is a secure back-up.

The pontoon for tenders has just gone in today, but Mark's not sure how usable it is. The water taxi starts running at 8am.

As it stands I'm not planning on taking my little outboard - if anyone needs it for a tender give me or Alun a shout today.

Just picked up my ice which is superb quality flaked ice... looks like little white cornflakes. Three boxes still packed and one opened up fills my coolbox to the brim.

My gear is packed just need to pick up my clothes.

My crew are on their way from Oxford and we have a quick Tesco's shop for those last minute essentials.

Home,

Dinner,

Couple of beers,

Early night

and a 5 am meet at the marina tomorrow.

Now I am a tad excited.

I know its late , and a shot in the dark but is anyone coming through poole to cobbs that could pick me up ? the only reason i ask is that i have booked my van in to be repaired (met a lamp post the other day) and the garage need it for 3 days . The garage is just down the road from poole audi . As I said it is a long shot and if no one is able to do it i will get my wife to follow me down .

Meeting Craig at 5 at cobbs .

Cheers all

Ben biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Less than 12 hours now cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Have a good trip every one

wish I was coming with you

BUT I am booked on the 07:30 fast Cat from Poole to Cherbourg on Friday

with the wife for an overnighter and shopping trip (booze cruise)

If any one makes the mainland we are staying at Grand Hotel Du Louvre in Valognes

Hope to see some good pictures and catch reports

best Wishes

Tony