4 - Phaeton + 2

5 - Hydaway + 2/3

6 - Just Purfik + 3

7 - Quest II + 2/3

8 - Abode II + 2/3

9 - Court Jester + 3/4

10 - Marsel II + 2/3

11 - Wight Magic + 2/3

Looks like quite a trip! Real shame the Armoury isnt running as with this many we could have booked the lot.

Looks like there is going to be a lot of people looking for a bed.

also can the owners/skippers let me know what fuel requirements they have, as I am trying to work on a bit more bulk discount in Braye.

Rough amounts and when

I intend to fill on day two and again on last day if I can, around tides.

probably total about 400 ltrs or more depending on what fishing we do. ph34r.gif

As I said earlier we can buy it all at Braye at the equivilent of commercial rates, which IMHO is worth doing, it will help keep the costs per head down biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I would rather buy 400 ltrs at their prices than here with the 60/40 split making it 20-30p ltr dearer depending on where you buy fuel and how much.

Charlie biggrin.gif

I'll fill up once when we get there or the morning of day 2, and once when we leave I'd have though - so 140 ltrs each time - 280 in total. Rough guestimate.

The problem we have re. beds etc is that it seems a way off. Those going need to consider that you wont be able to book a B&B the day before we go if the weather is good. You'll need to book now and cross your fingers.

Mark is helpful in that if the trip gets pulled he doesnt charge - not sure about St Annes.

Edited by Adam F

Marsel 2 will get through around 300 litres as well, 200l after the trip over and first session, another 100l ready for the return leg after those productive day trips out onto the banks.

Last years log shows:

03/05/08

83.5 NM; 8hrs 45 min at sea; 7hrs engine run; 177 litres fuel (trip over and fishing time)

04/05/08

39.2 NM; 7hrs at sea; 4hrs engine run; 80 litres fuel (fishing time)

Note: some boats spent a lot lot longer on fishing time - with the results to show for it weep.gif

Thanks guys

Soo far I have

Alfresco 400l

Joint Venture 280l

Quest 2 240l

AWOL 300l

Marsel 2 300l

White Magic 300l

a total of 1820l and two top ups each

I will get back in touch with Alderney and see what he offers

Charlie biggrin.gif

Edited by great white

A few people asked me at the meeting last night what days we were going, as it wasnt decided.

Looks like the best option is to aim for Friday 1st May - Monday 4th May. This way we have the option to leave on Sat and come back Tues and still use the B/H monday if the weather is crap.

Again - those who need B&B's would be advised to book up, a few have already.

Hi All

I have just received this from Alderney.

They have since confirmed that the Diesel Price is for all diesel purchased as they are not subject to the extra charges we are.

Dear Charlie

Sorry not to get back to you yesterday. Rupert is currently off island but we have agreed that we can offer you diesel at a cost of 60p /litre as long as nothing dramatic happens to fuel prices. We could confirm this price nearer the time. We are in the process of sorting out some kind of petrol delivery system but are awaiting States approval. It will hopefully take the form of a 220 ltre bowser and costs will be slightly higher than the filling station but it will be much more convenient. We can also offer your group a reduced taxi rate of

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a quick look. In principle it's worth a look. Cheap, all the features you need and flexible.

It says its 10 mins from the golf course, which would make it about 30 min walk or 15 min cycle to the harbour. Bear in mind the island is far, far from flat! I'd say a taxi is the way to go - time is tight when you get on land after a day at sea.