Flounder Comp 17th December

jerry.shutter

Well done everyone who's entered, any late entries just sign in on this thread.

The weather is not perfect but fine for all club boats using common sense within the harbour, and it is mid late December.

ATM they are giving 15-17mph SW so respect and watch the weather with 2 days to go. A few flounders are coming out in the harbour from the shore anglers i see, so no excuses and lets hope for a few to weigh in!!. Please keep in a suitable bucket/container and bring into Cobbs at 3.45 for a 4pm weigh in so they can then be released.

Good luck and sorry not to be with you all.

Jerry

Hi jerry, chris,  Frank Morris and myself will be fishing, don't suppose we will be that busy so hopefully there will be time to cook rib eye steaks (Aberdeen angus) 35 day matured! Is this allowed because I don't want the smell to upset other anglers😁.  Won't be on the internet again till after comp.   Anyone want me please ring or text on 07730249907.      Thanks.  Colin.   Good luck all , hope to catch up with some of you at cobbs.      

5 minutes ago, Colin-58 said:

Hi jerry, chris,  Frank Morris and myself will be fishing, don't suppose we will be that busy so hopefully there will be time to cook rib eye steaks (Aberdeen angus) 35 day matured! Is this allowed because I don't want the smell to upset other anglers😁.  Won't be on the internet again till after comp.   Anyone want me please ring or text on 07730249907.      Thanks.  Colin.   Good luck all , hope to catch up with some of you at cobbs.      

If you make them into burgers we could all have some 😃

So this year due to the low entry we will all be fishing for the prestige of winning the Bob Horne Flounder memorial shield and with a bit of luck and coercion on the committee a PSA voucher instead of the usual hamper @jerry.shutter @Brian.

Apart from that we can all have fun in the bar afterwards, see you there 🙃

Thanks to Brian for the run out today. We managed to fill the time between bites with plenty of chat. 

Unfortunately the flounder were not playing today but I did manage a couple of bass (the best at 3lb 9oz). 

We popped round to the weigh in but saw no one there so headed home.

As the saying goes, a bad days fishing is better than a good day at work. 

Once again, thanks Brian. 

I nearly won!      Determination usually pays😀.   Well I set off to the north on Thursday night for a family visit friday, my grandsons schools nativity play ( he is six and a half) apart From a few kids I was the only shepherd there!  Fantastic to see him, better than a West end musical !   Saturday pm hatching the plan heading a long treck back South via the farm for a brief stop and load fishing tackle. Aiming for a Poole thistle.  Already now aiming for a plan B as Frank having a problem with his Arthur I ,t , arse  and the feeble excuse it was hoovering that caused it 😂.  And now taking more drugs than an average 17 year old!  frank  had non club member friends going out so I decided to buy the boat Sunday morning and that would clear me for boat and at least two on board, we set off with half a mushroom box of worms, looking back we would have been better to have kept the mushrooms to go with the steak and used lures to catch bass!   🤔. Anyway we scoured the harbour from the ro - ro basin down ,including my friend aunt betty and her garden  ! Then out of desperation aiming for my secret flounder Mark where I proved to Allan in January they could be caught. I put it back so either it was asleep or the darne thing had moved!😂.  I noticed a bit of a cue at the bottom of primrose hill,don't know if they were spying at our flounder fishing tactics with bi-nos or as we drifted that way they could smell the steak Babs !  Anyway we finish up with zero flounder 🙁 a steady stream of bass, the biggest of which didn't go over seven and half pound.  No bass can be taken home dec/ Jan remember.                                                           So determination achieved, I supported the club comp!😏. We had a great day out in the harbour,good company, good food, and the wind was not as bad as forecast.  And I then sold the boat!        Hope you have enjoyed reading this clap, trap, it has cheered you up ,or made you smile, as the reality of the flounder fishing is as follows.       IT WAS RUBBISH! 😛.                                             All the best folks ,hope your in good fettle ready for the festive season.                 Colin

Well that was probably the worst flounder comp we have ever held with not one returned to the scales.  Poor old Bob Horne will likely be turning in his grave.

Thanks all who tried, see you all at next years..................................maybe