Ye Olde Cod and Whiting Competition

jerry.shutter

12 hours ago, alun j. said:

Forecasts for the period starting to show ...and it's looking pretty unsettleed...which also means it can change a lot  !!

I popped out last Sunday in a little window. There was still lots of swell left over from the previous days and wind against tide made it a quite uncomfortable (and short) trip 

From Memory, this is not won often in the Solent.

Maybe because the organisers have to cancel or postpone if the weather is so bad that boats would be restricted to the Solent.

If it was good enough for us to get to the Solent from Poole, we would probably be able to fish in the bay.

Personally I would not know where to fish for them in that area, so would probably not go.

There looked to be a weather window after Christmas when I looked yesterday, but as Alun says that seems to have closed already. Bugger.

Weather Report!!!!!

The weather is changing !!! 

As as I type this Tuesday looks possible, I think the best idea is please watch the weather and skippers make your own decision with safety being paramount. 

Please post which day your fishing and stay safe🎅🏻

Lets hope Father Christmas has told the Cod, tight lines.

As I write this, all the days look rubbish but with the forecasts changing a lot and a lot of disparity between the different forecasting models there is still hope, probably will be a late decision.

Whether the comp should be run if turns out for instance it was only ok on the morning of one of days and only a couple of boats made it out is a different question.

Oh and Happy Christmas and New Year everyone , weather wise it can only improve surely...

Looking at the forecast, I would suspect it can be taken as a non starter on grounds of safety.

It looks like the weather gods or maybe goddesses have done their best to cancel another Comp!!

It’s been  more than frustrating to try and get the Comps planned in with either the weather or restrictions causing mayhem this year. 

Hopefully more settled next year on both fronts. 🤞🤞

What horrible Christmas season weather.

Only today seems to have been settled enough to get out. Like most people with families today is not a fishing day for me.

I am off work until the 4th and cannot see any chance of getting out. No wonder the comp seems to off.

Oh well thats fishing done for 2021. It wasnt a bad year when we?could get out, so roll on 2022.

See you out there folks

Jackie wants to know what's happening so after reading this I'll tell her it's off.

She will now "pencil" me in for loads of tasks. We have a lot going on!

Thank you Charlie for the offer of being crew again.

Even if by some miracle the weather turns good I'm now not free to participate.

Have a great Christmas & New year you lot!

See you next year.

Jim & Jackie

Looking at the next 4 days weather a miracle has unfortunately not happened, as everyone has seen!

The Cod Comp is cancelled, how ever if a miracle does happen and any of you local lucky skippers make it out, pictures please.

At least this Christmas has been a little better than last year regards being able get about and see people.

Happy New Year and let’s hope 2022 continues to be a positive one.