Ye Olde Cod and Whiting Competition

jerry.shutter

Having been beaten by the weather twice we will try again to put on the above Competition.

We are going to put it on over the 28, 29, and 30th of December please pick one day and say when you are fishing, weather permitting, and post your catch details on the site the day you fish. There will be no weigh in, so photos with your catch please.

I will post about the weather beforehand so watch this space. Please order bait from PSA early, if the weather is good I am sure Andy will be busy.

Incase the Cod and Whiting are not playing the game, there is a booby prize for the longest Squid caught the day your out to be presented at the January meeting.

Tight lines

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

Dear All,

We have decided to open the Comp one more day to try and find a weather window.

Cod and Whiting Comp can now be fished on 27th 28th 29th or 30th December. I will post over the Christmas period the weather, but please use your own discretion and look carefully at the weather before deciding to fish.

Please post which day you are fishing before heading out. If you have any concerns about the conditions feel free to ring myself 07866532766 or contact any other committee member for there thoughts.

A very Happy Christmas and hopefully a safe and relaxed 2022 to all PBSBAC members and there families.

Jerry🎅🏻🎅🏻

And when was the last time someone from the Solent won it then Nige??????

That’s not the reason Greg,only ones that I’ve heard that have been caught lately are a couple of small ones in Poole harbour the rest have been in the Solent.But with this cold weather I hope I’m proved wrong

2 hours ago, niggle said:

That’s not the reason Greg,only ones that I’ve heard that have been caught lately are a couple of small ones in Poole harbour the rest have been in the Solent.But with this cold weather I hope I’m proved wrong

if anyone can catch a cod my money would be on you Nigel