Alderney 2014 6th June take 3

Matt

Redfin is out looking at the forecast it seem a to be as variable and unpredictable as last attempt so we have decided to cut ou losses and not waste leave etc on another aborted trip.

Will look at 4th July but May need crew as I don't think Matt can make it. So if anyone fancies it let me know

Disappointed

Peter

Just had a chat with Dave

They have been out fishing on the banks today after a later start

Six turbo,s onboard, three keepers

Bait caught for a longer spell on the banks tomorrow.

The boat is going very well and Dave is very pleased with the fuel consumption on the trip so far

Shame that more of us could not join the trip, but we hope to get there later this year.

Charlie

They have done well today. After a lumpy crossing and a poor day yesterday due to the wind, they have made the most of the better forecast today and whilst they haven't had the numbers or previous years, they have had a fair few doubles today, best, I think, to Dave circa 18lb.

The wrecks look to be fishing well, so I expect they will have a bumper day tomorrow too.

Fair play lads, it wasn't the call I would have made on Thurs, but it's paid off.

Just heard from Dave again

They had 8 today and Chris also had some nice turbo and Brill

Best on Daves new boat

Kev 18lb 5oz

Dave 16lb 10oz and 13lb 4oz

Nice fishing in great weather, work stopped me going but I know I can not be the only one wishing he was over there with them.

Oh yes Dave sent me this

post-6-0-70483900-1402175598_thumb.jpg

No need to rub it in mate, the picture message arrived more than 20 times.

Nice brace mate

Just heard from Al, they loaded up on the wrecks today, plenty of cod and pollack, with Dave making the most of Reel Magic's new speed to bag an extra few drifts and an extra few fish.

I couldnt have gone anyway - but I dont mind admitting I was a touch jealous today whilst int he garden with the kids in the fantastic weather!

Well done lads, look forward to the full report and more importantly - getting over myself in July!

Well what a weekend

Thursday up with the larks, meeting with the other musketeers, we set off in a flat harbour This changed very quickly as we approached old Harry big white water!!!

As we got to Durston head, boy it was bigger and bigger white water. Thinking we might turn back on no Dave said let's see what this baby can do.

So off we go into submarine mode many wave over the top at 15 + knots we finally got mid channel, very bumpy trying to fish the wrecks. bumping along behind us was kingfisher fair play to the arvor she done the business. Anyway a few pollack and bait for later

we hit the south banks, plenty of dogs and pollack I didn't think they had dogs over there believe me they do.

That night tradition is Maris hall steak and beer o and cider mmm lovely

So next day down to shole bank a bonus day as the forcast was bad we were going to stay ashore. 20 knots this time into some snotty

Sea. We had a good few turbos best going 5 5 and a couple of keepers, the trip back up was pretty fast Dave loves that throttle 24 knots now, what a boat.

More food and drinks, and a good laugh at the karaoke with more drinks

The big day on the banks after a quick decision Dave calls the casqets well done skipper any way a slow start with a few small ones to Alan and Chris then they got bigger and bigger Dave first blood with a 16 lber and what a beauty proberly 5 inches thick I tryed to hit it off with net didn't work

Then my turn fish on when she came aboard even heavier 18 + I couldn't repeat what Dave called me, I was one happy chappy Dave hit one more 13 + then I had a good bite well spotted Dave another double that dropped off at the back of the boat you can't have it all that's one for the next trip. We had many more turbos that went back . Well on the way in throttle happy Dave hit 25 + knots boy that boat shifts. Out for more food and drink, it's a hard life

On the return trip we had some nice cod and pollock on a flat sea, I'm glad we pushed over on the Thursday as we had REEL big fish and a MAGIC trip . You have a cracking boat there she handles all weathers .Thanks to Dave for a fantastic trip and thanks to Chris and Alan who were great company

Sorry it's a bit long

Kev

btw turbot for tea tonight