ALDERNEY 2014

great white

Would love to come Martin however I'm a newbie to fishing and very new into boat owning... Lol

Maybe next time I'll just sit and watch the reports from you guys and look forward to the pics and videos.

Sound like the ideal candidate to crew for somebody else ;) ;)

SupaNova had a few cod off the wrecks today!! :)

Wonder how far out they went?? I visited some wrecks up to 16 miles off Portland yesterday and all the way out the water was filthy.  Pinged up a couple of new wrecks a bit further west and had a couple of tentative takes but not a fish on the boat all day.

Still looking for crew but also would need the Channel Islands card for my plotter if anybody knows where I might get one, it's a Standard Horizon CP1000, takes the same cards as the CP500

Just ordered the cmap card for the plotter so now just need the victim!

Gave Mark a call this morning just to touch base and check all was well with the accomadation now that it is all needed.

The flatty fishing is a bit hit and miss, apparently numbers are down sizes are up.

Good news is that the bait fish are showing on the banks, Mark also has some frozen ones in the shop.

Fingers crossed for the weather

As usual the forecast changes a lot from one site to another.

we are on the borderline again, so I think I may start to think what I can do this weekend, rather than throw all my time and effort into preps for Alderney.

that said I bet tonight is not going to be an Alderney free zone :lol:  :lol:

I cant make tonight - but I dont think we have done bad waiting until 7 days before the off - before looking at weather sites!

Maybe we are just all a bit wiser after going over for several years! I wont really start to take much notice until Sunday when we can see the forecast through until Monday.

1. Alfresco, Charlie, Sam, Dan, and Will.

2. AWOL - Martin + Dean

3. Yelo - Kev + Dave + Dean

4. Kingfisher - Chris + Chris A

5. Tigerfish - Steve, Lloyd, Alan

6. Redfin Peter + Matt + RobF + NickT

7. Wandering Star - Andrew, Terry & Tony

8. Manta Ray...Tomo, PJ, Tubby, Paul D ,Steve, Paul Walker, Brian Vincent, Andy Barnes Pilot.

9.JV - Adam, Ian and Alun

10. Aqus 2 - Dan, Dad (BobR - just joined the forum) & crew

11. Osprey Paul (Lilbrit) Steve.