ALDERNEY 2014

great white

I have accomadation booked at Alderney Angling for 6 (2 boat crews)

Because of a late change 1 bed is now available

Does anyone need accomadation, or fancy a change from sleeping onboard

Also I am struggling with downloading the braye tide times, could someone put a link on here

Charlie, starting to feel the buzz now

1. Alfresco, Charlie, Sam, Dan, and Will.

2. AWOL - Martin + Dean

3. Yelo - Kev + Dave + Dean 

4. Kingfisher - Chris + Chris A

5. Tigerfish - Steve, Lloyd, Alan

6. Redfin Peter + Matt + RobF + NickT

7. Wandering Star - Andrew, Terry & Tony

8. Manta Ray...Tomo, PJ, Tubby, Paul D ,Steve, Paul Walker, Brian Vincent, Andy Barnes Pilot.

9.JV - Adam, Ian and Alun

10. Aqus 2 - Dan, Dad (BobR - just joined the forum) & crew

11. Lilbrit?

No problem Peter

If nobody needs it I will call Mark

I have just phoned Mainbrayce and they have confirmed that once again they will give us discount on Fuel prices and water taxi prices

They can supply diesel and petrol

Looking at the tide times it looks good to get into the inner harbour at the end of the day , they say that they would come down to top us up even if the office is closed.

Fri HW 1712

Sat HW 1808

Sun HW 1854

He also asked me to remind me that if you order duty free from the shop, it will be dropped off at the boats just before departure by the water taxi.

It may be worth putting their number in your phones

01481 822772

07781 415420

Sounds good to me

Charlie

I, ve been watching this link the last few weeks and it has been almost spot on, so lets hope it stays that way!

Hope the link works! (if not Martin help!!!)

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk714day;ct=31749~Alderney;sess=

Edited by Maverick
made link live

I am not starting that game yet Chris [says through lying teeth LOL]

When are you back?

There was some discussion on Sat about having a pre meeting Mon/tue evening next week at yours, if the weather looked fairly positive for the trip

Rob its the Alderney Angling part that can add a big lump of costs to the trip. Hard to avoid this year as we are staying there :lol:

I hope everyone are starting to get the buzz,

I had to take it easy this weekend because of stitches, and must have been driving Wendy mad, with charts out to copy info onto my tablet and a few hours in the garage making Franklin flyer turbo traces and the like for my new rig holders.

On the website again at work is not a good sign :P  :P

Wish I had a pound for every time I check this thread and weather sites in the next 10 days, [That would easily pay for the trip and tackle]

Charlie :D

Charlie, you haven't missed a food thread as there hasn't been one. After last years hiccup and slight embarrassment, it was suggested to me that certain skippers would prefer to have the flexibility of not booking meals so they could get extra fishing in when they wanted. I have booked places for the Saturday night at The Georgian and Sunday night, as usual, at the Harbour Lights. There are special meals at both and I would not want to have to cancel meals again when the restaurants have prepared things especially. Adam mentioned this on Saturday night and said it all depends on the weather so obviously his crew will want to stay flexible. I currently have about 14 people booked so if anyone would like to join us on this basis, please let me know without delay.

Last year at the Georgian, some of you may remember the fruits de mare platter for sharing between two (awesome!); this year they are offering surf and turf which is basically the same as last year PLUS a steak of your choice. Because of the seafood element, this has to be booked in advance, again to be shared. If you want this, let me know, I can try paring up odd ones if necessary. Sunday night is a very good three course meal with about three choices for each course for £18.50. Both evenings are booked for 19.30hrs for 20.00hrs.

Terry.

Charlie there is no way you haven't started your wind down/up!! :)

I'm back, there is only so many times you can make a trip down the rapids before every bone has been beaten!! :) :)

Meeting up any evening is fine with me.

Secret rigs Charlie??

Terry,

Would it be possible to add two of us on the Sunday list, give us a chance to fuel up before hand.

Thanks Terry

The boys are saving for mooring deposit, so no doubt would opt for a more basic menu.

I can now discuss with Will in case we want to extend one of the days fishing a bit

Looks like the Marais Hall on night one, and see where we go from there. Possibly book the moorings.

Chris

You are of very right mate

Ref the Franklin flyer, If I remember I will pop one in my pocket on Thursday night to give/show you

Franklin Flyer has got me curious too Charlie

I'm thinking Maris Hall night one as well, Terry has our crew booked in for the other nights

We will probably make earlier starts as we are all on the boat (a good deal earlier starts than last year I hope...) rather than stay out late, I just can't do both for more than one day any more :unsure:.

A get together early next week would be good, Monday is better for me than Tuesday as I have to get down from Basingstoke.

Steve

Royalties!

You need to be able to tie 'the knotless knot' which is a knot dervied from carp fishing to mount boiles on a hair rig. I adapted it for turbot.

It's very easy, but not to explain. If I can get there next week, I'll bring some kit and show you.