30 lb Cod caught today....by me

niggle

As posted else where I took today off for a bit of cod fishing,crew was Neil from the fishing lodge.

Neil does suffer from sea sickness so he was tablet upped and fed ginger biscuits but only went on the provision that if he did start to suffer then home we would go!So I didn't know if this trip would even last 30 minutes sick.gif

I took it steady against the easterly at 12 knts and got to the carpark eventually and dropped the hook closer to the island than I normally do as it was flatter rolleyes.gif

After about 90 mins nod nod and a nice twenty pounder to me biggrin.gif

Neil kept the pout and dogs busy on squid while my main bait was cuttle rolleyes.gif

About an hour later while using 2lb of lead I had another stonking bite knocked reel into free spool and it shot off like a tope run.

It was hell of a scrap for ten or fifteen minutes and eventually surfaced with two other lines and two pound weights with it blink.gif It just fitted in the net and Neil and me had to lift it in and then we both stood and looked at it..............it was friggin massive biggrin.gif

Tried to weigh on boat and it was going between 28 and 32.

Four hours later on land 30lb 4oz tongue.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Megga pleased. Nige

Ps I can't post piccies "old fart and knackered" so if anybody else is able I can email them via phone

Well done nige! we watched you play and land the fish from the sea trooper in front of you my mates boat who is a club member Big T. When both of you had to grab the net i said to my mate thats got to be a 30.We then got back to fishing and my mate had one 17 lb i had no joy with the cod but had 2 2lb whiting on the cod rigs anyway a good start for our first cod trip.

Going back to work tomorrow Graham........for a rest 3 days fishing and only one day at work has worn me out,mind I love to do it full time blink.gif

I can't stress it enough .... But it was an unbelievable fight my arms and shoulders are still aching of which has only been matched last year when I caught 12 conger in about two hours