What tackle box?

Adam F

What type of tackle boxes do you guys use?

Currently Ive got a biggish Shakespear box, on the plus side it's durable, and reasonably waterproof, acts as a seat when needed and can be used to rest a chopping board on.

On the downside, Ive just rationalised my tackle and realised it's bigger than I really need.

I dont want a tackle 'bag' and my gear sits on the engine box and gets wet - the bags just arnt practicle..

I know I can get the smaller - 'Beta' box that Shakespeare do, and I might get one yet - just wondered what other people use?

I bought a plastic tool box from B&Q years ago.

It opens up a couple of trays when you open the lid.

It looks O.K. but leaks like a sieve, any rain or spray goes straight inside.

I'm on the lookout for something else but don't want to spend a lot.

Jim

I have the same as you Adam

Bought donkeys years ago to take everything when chartering including flask and sarnies.

It fits on top of the engine box [with several others at times] so we stay with it, Dan and I fish together most of the time so we now share it, it holds all the reels tuppaware boxes of spare line and hooks and a large segmented tray full of clips and swivels, Sam has a slightly smaller version of the same thing.

I have found that it fits inside a large red box with fold over lids, so I take both in case I need an extra large tub to take fish home in, use as a bait tank when the big one is at home etc.

we have tried several smaller boxes, that were not watertight enough.

We do have a plastic toolbox type full of lures and leadheads, that is kept inside the cabin lockers for wreck and brittle star trips.

Charlie

Adam a smaller box? I thought you were a tackle tart! ohmy.gifohmy.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I am Nige.... tongue.gif

But I the terminal tackle I use is stunningly simple. 99% of my fishing is done with a 6 hook sizes all in Varivas Big Mouth, 2 sizes of crane swivels, 8 & 4mm black beads, zip sliders, and lead clips.

That's it! It all fits inside a small plastic compartment box. The rest of my huge Shakespeare box of full of tackle I never use but take everytime I go.

I think I'll just downsize to the smaller Shakespeare box.

try here for more info.....http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/camping/dry-boxes-spud6.html

All i can say is if they are not big enough .....get two sad.gif ...

although expensive , i don't think you'll buy another one for a long long time wink.gif

my inside measures 15 1/2" wide 10 1/2" deep 12 1/2" high (not including sliding tray or small non-water tight compartment on top of lid ) i have the big orange one......i think it's called a spud box 7

hope this helps cool.gif

Gary

Adam, I get 4 compartment boxes in it together with a couple of spare reels, various packs of lures, a handheld radio, digi scales, towel, rig wallet plus reels of line for leaders and disgorger, scissors and pliers in the top sliding tray. Plenty of room. Just get the bigger size.

Terry.