48 Hour Specimen Hunt

Adam F

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Hi all

WOuld love to join in BUT the FPO has said that house hunting is more important and she who must be obeyed will let me out to play when we have moved. (I hope!!) weep.gif

Good luck to everyone

Regards

Coddy

cool.gif

Dave

Good luck with the house hunting matey, can be a fractious time. Still looking around Merley/Wimborne?

My boy (Dean) is an estate agent in corfe mullen (another pleasant area) if your interested email me what your looking for along with contact details and I'l ask him to keep his nose to the ground

Martin

tongue.gif Yes mate but the problem may be that it is a square bait well. Not really condusive to the well being of bait fish. We may not need much live bait coz its a specimen comp. Not many big bass at the moment, a few tope about but they will eat anything and the big blondes respond better to large launce flappers. Don,t forget its a neaps tide so big baits with loads of scent mate. Thanks for paying the monies Paul, will sort it Saturday. BB cool.gif

OK Phaeton is now 99% likely to be fishing so -

(1) How do I get someone the money/entry? If the logistics are impossible can I 'commit' and leave the money with Aidie at the Marina?

(2) Anyone flexible enough to want to join me - could go anywhere at anytime, or everywhere all the time!?

(3) Any other boats planning to stay out overnight at all 'to the west' - St Alban's Ledge? Rips on anyone's trip planning?

(4) Has anyone checked with Lulworth ranges? Are they fireing over teh weekend?

Just a reminder to everyone about the competition rules:

You can commit and give the money to any of the committtee members by Sunday or shortly after.

You will NOT be eligable for the competition unless you have paid prior to the competition or given your commitment to fish. In other words, you have to register to be eligable for the competition. Registation is just a simply matter of telling one of the competition committee that you intend to fish.

The competition committee are:

Adam F

Paul J

Bob F

Unfortunately, there will be no refunds on your money paid or with your registration without payment. If you register without payment but do not fish (for whatever reason) we would still like you to honor your entry fee. The competition must go ahead regardless. If the weather is bad the competition will still go ahead, even if it means fishing from your boat tied to a pontoon.

# you must fish with at least one other member (for safety reasons and to verify your catch).

# All competitions can now be fished with a TOTAL of two hooks

[Pennel rigs and trebles hooks count as one] and a MAXIMUM OF TWO RODS [One hook per rod].

No other rods ARE TO BE IN USE while fishing the competitions.

# the 48hr competition can be fished at any time from from 1600 Friday to 1600 Sunday. So, you can fish for 1 hr or 48 hrs or any other time and as many trips as you like during the weekend.

# Catches should be reported to Adam, Paul J or Bob F at anytime during the 48 hrs, but by 1700 on Sunday at the latest. Any fish reported after 1700 on Sunday will not be eligable. If you cannot contact us, please give your catch details to any other committee member.

# BEST SINGLE SPECIMEN WINS based on the Wessex Region specimen sizes (see record list). I will check with Charlie, but unless otherwise stated, Mini species are not eligable.

# Fish can be weighed onboard and returned, we trust our Members.

# This will be the Club Summer Prize Competition and is open to paid up members only. It will also be a counter for the BFM Suzuki Competition (1st of 4).

# Entry fee of

Members registered so far are:

Fishing Comp/Going to Mariners

Mark A Yes/No Not paid

Gary A x2 Yes/Yes Not paid

Mark B Yes/? Not paid

Martin B Yes/Yes Paid

Dean B Yes/Yes Not paid

Charlie C Yes/Yes Not paid

Tony D Yes/Yes Not paid

Paul D Yes/Yes Paid

Helen D Yes/No Not paid

Adam F Yes/Yes Paid

Peter H Yes/Yes ( Paid

Tom S Yes/Yes Paid

Mike H Yes/Yes Not paid

Bob H Yes/Yes Not paid

Kim H No/No (on holiday)

Carl H No/No (I assume)

Les L Yes/No Not paid

Dave L No/No

Jon L ?/? only 50% chance (not registered yet)

John M Yes/Yes Not Paid

Peter R (snr) Yes/Yes Paid

Ashley S Yes/Yes Not Paid

Bob F Yes/Yes Paid

Robert F Yes/Yes Paid

Alan P Yes/Yes Paid

Nigel G Yes/Yes Paid

Ian C Yes/Yes Paid

Trevor R Yes/? Not Paid

Sam D Yes/? Not Paid

Dunca M Yes/Yes Not Paid

Billy S Yes/Yes Not Paid

Rich S Yes/Yes Not Paid

James P Yes/ Yes Not Paid

Nick C Yes/Yes Not Paid

Colin M Yes/Yes Not Paid

James (Jim) O ?/? (not registered yet, Colin can you confirm?)

Humphrey B ?/? (not registered yet, Chairle can you confirm?)

Neil B ?/? (not registered yet, Chairle can you confirm?)

Therefore, so far we have:

31 confirmed fishing (20 unpaid, 11 paid)

4 unconfirmed

26 (so far) confirmed attending the meal at the Mariners

Please let me know if any of this is incorrect for you.

cheers

Bob F.

Bob,

Thanks for the clarification - really usefull.

However I clearly can't confirm that I will be fishing the comp until I can find someone to fish with on the boat! I have Adam's number (s) so I will have to confirm by phone if I get any interest. Equally anyone wishing to contact me to fish after about 1100h tommorrow should not expect to get me on here.

Finally I definitely won't be a yes for the Sunday evening as I will be 'on the road' with over a 2 hour journey I am afraid.

Duncan.

Bob

I believe the rule is that there must be 2 onboard during the competitions,[ For Safety] the second person does not have to be a Member or even fish.

In the case of the 48 hr comp, only Members fish will count. So ensure all entered are paid up Members.

Mini species do not count for any of the Club competitions

Please confirm that juniors are entered for the main prizes even though they pay a reduced fee.

I can not confirm the boys entry until I check the weather forcast this evening.

Thanks for all the Competition Committee's hard work, it looks as if you have got everything under control and have a very good entry list. well done.

Tight lines everyone

Charlie biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

All,

The Competition Committee confirm that Juniors will be eligable for all the prizes at the reduced entry fee. There will not be a separate Junior Prize, so I correct what I had stated earlier.

Our intent is to attract more junior members to the club and to the comptetions, and not to separate them from the adult members. This is consistant with all our other club competitions. We only have separate prizes for the juniors in the November Open competition, as this is not a members comp.

So, all the entry fees and donated prizes will be lumped together to form a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize that everyone registered is eligable for. There will not be a separate junior prize.

The 48Hr Competition Committee.