48 Hour Specimen Hunt

Adam F

Just to let you all know, the details for the 48hr Species Hunt are almost complete. You will need to book in and preferably pay before the day.

You can book in either by: Phoning me, Bob F or Paul J, emailing any of us, or posting on the forum.

Entry will be

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam

Book me in on Maverick, not sure on crew yet will post later when I know.

Come on guys support this one the sub committee have put in a lot of effort to get this up and running. I believe that this comp is one of our qualifing matches for the BFM comp so a double reason to fish it.

Martin

Yes please

Count GW as in

like Martin I am unsure of crew or fishing times yet.

IT IS THE FIRST OF THE COMPETITIONS THAT COUNT TOWARDS THE BFM SUMMER COMP. SO PLEASE ATTEND/COMPETE AND JOIN US AT THE PRIZEGIVING.

Remember all you have to do is let the organisers know you are fishing that weekend and report your best fish.

So even if you are not the keenest competition angler you might as well join in. the entry fee is minimal to the amount on offer

Very tight lines

Charlie

Pardon my lack of knowledge but what exactly is a 48hr spicies hunt.......?

Are you talking about going out for 48hrs ? or a specific period within 48hrs?

Although boatless at the moment I would like to support the club if someone needs a crew, but as a diabetic I have to follow a fairly strict timetable for drugs and food etc, so 48hrs on the trot is out of the question for me.

Bob F did ask me if I was comeing but I said no thanks at the time, however I have been thinking about it and would like to know more please...........

Any one....................?

Mike

Mike

The 48 hour species hunt is a hunt for species over a 48 hour period biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

You do not however have to fish the whole 48 hours, you can fish as much or as little as you like. The entry fee is the same no matter how many hours you put in.

I believe there are some prizes up for grabs on this one so it is definately worth fishing.

It is however only open to club members so to those who are thinking of joining, now would be the opportune time to do so.

Cheers

Martin

Count Neo in. Crew will probably be Helen ( bad back willing ).

Mike, you are welcome to fish on Neo if Helen cannot make it. ( or maybe I will be able to fish two days of the 3 smile.gif ).

Brilliant Paul, although I wish the birthday girl well as soon as I will lookforward to the prospect.

No joke ... A bag of frozen peas is a good way to get rid of muscle spasm in the back. Peas on the area for 2 min, then a hot towel for 2 min and alternate two or three times.

Mike

I've been gradually working my way down the members list and phoning some of the members (mainly to get an idea of numbers for the catering). So far I have managed to contact or heard from:

Name Fishing Comp/Going to Mariners

Mark A Yes/No

Gary A x2 Yes/Yes

Mark B Yes/?

Martin B Yes/Yes

Charlie C Yes/Yes

Shane D No/No

Tony D Yes/Yes

Paul D Yes/Yes

Helen D Yes/?

Adam F Yes/Yes

Peter H Yes/Yes (Health permitting)

Leigh H No/No

Mike H Yes/Yes

Bob H Yes/Yes

Kim H No/No (on holiday)

Carl H No/No (I assume)

Les L Yes/Yes 60% chance

Dave L No/No

Jon L Yes/Yes but only 50% chance

John M Yes/Yes

Peter R (snr) Yes/Yes

Ashley S Yes/Yes

Bob F Yes/Yes

Robert F Yes/Yes

I'll work through the rest of the members list over the next week or so.

Bob F.

Bob - I am afraid that I won't know if I am out until the Tuesday evening before hand.

If I am cleared (and it's not the FPO this time) then I would look to 'go West' and probably join up with Loyal R on the Quay at Weymouth Sat night.

I would be delighted if anyone want's to join me but would understand it if they don't given the uncertainty.

As a matter of interest has anyone checked with Lulworth if they are firing that weekend?

Hope to see people out on the water over the next 9 days (from Saturday) anyhow!