48 Hour Specimen Hunt

Adam F

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tongue.gif Hi Mark, The pontoon at the Angling club looks dodgy but have made some enquiries and found a berth for you near the town bridge. All systems go if weather plays ball mate. Looks like you lads had a good smoothie session, nice one. Went out today at 6:30am for three hours. Fished at Lulworth and had Thornbacks, doggies, wrasse and my best Bream of the year so far at 3.5lbs, Is that worth putting in the book?? Got a few marks for the comp now from one of my charter boy mates. Glad PJ can make it , should be a good one. Regards to all. BB cool.gif

tongue.gif Hi Mark, Can you post me details of Loyal Royal please, I will need them for the overnight mooring mate. I will sort the bait from this end as we don,t know the weather for certain marks yet. I am in Poole on Friday for the species hunt and I believe that the presentation is at the Marina club. I can,t make the meeting tomorrow as I need to get some bait, get my box sorted and then be up for 5 am Friday. Please give my apologies. May see you Friday or if not then please send details, ie Length, Make, Insurance, Owners name and address etc. Regards to all, BB cool.gif

PS Did that bloody great swimming crab work Bob ??

By the way, the title of this thread should read 48 hr SPECIMEN hunt, and not SPECIES hunt.

It's a competition for the best specimen and not a competition for the most species.

(see Adam, I thought I saw it written as a species comp somewhere, so it wasn't another of my senior moments).

tongue.gif Mark, Did you say that Loyal Royal was 6.8 mtrs.?? Perhaps you can remind me so that I can sort the overnight mooring. As it is a 48 hour Specimen hunt, are we allowed to fish for the solid 48 hours if we wish ? I ask this because I may get some conger marks that fish after dark. Regards, BB cool.gif

Bob,

Sorry for messing you around, I will now be a Yes/Yes ( as Southend is the following week - some reason I thought the SPECIMEN Hunt was the following week )

Helen will be a Yes/No. I need to get Helen's comp entry fee to you sometime.

( Also might have daughter fishing comp but needs to join as a junior - I will pay her entry fee on Sunday also ).

Martin/Bob,

Can my daughter join the club and I will pay on Sunday please ?

Elaine - DOB 16 July 1991

cheers Paul