It's Official.....

pegleg

Hi all, Just wanted to let you know that i have at long last bought the boat of my dreams and it's a Merry Fisher 695 moored at Weymouth. I have to get her antifouled soon and give her a full service for peace of mind and it would probably help if i knew what i was doing in the first place so i will be hoping to get out with some experienced crew to teach me what, when ,how, why , and are used to boat handling a boat with an inboard engine. Can you help ?

Hoping to get out on Sunday with Bob F + Rob so space is available for my maiden voyage if you can put up with an inexperienced skipper and a boat that needs fine fettling to get it up to fishy standards, as she has only been used as a diving boat.

Hope to see you out there ........Jas

Hi all, Just wanted to let you know that i have at long last bought the boat of my dreams and it's a Merry Fisher 695 moored at Weymouth. I have to get her antifouled soon and give her a full service for peace of mind and it would probably help if i knew what i was doing in the first place so i will be hoping to get out with some experienced crew to teach me what, when ,how, why , and are used to boat handling a boat with an inboard engine. Can you help ?

Hoping to get out on Sunday with Bob F + Rob so space is available for my maiden voyage if you can put up with an inexperienced skipper and a boat that needs fine fettling to get it up to fishy standards, as she has only been used as a diving boat.

Hope to see you out there ........Jas

Congratulations mate!!!!

Really pleased for you and looking forward to seeing you out on the briney.

As previously promised, I am very happy to help you get to grips with 695's (I am sure my coleague Mike will be too), there great points and of course there limtations (believe it or not there are some).

Quest II is supposd to be getting lifted down at Portland Port next weekend (Easter Saturday) and we are antifouling, anodes and a damn good cleaning her up for the season.

If you fancy coming to see what we do then you will be more than welcome and likewise, if I have time, I would be very pleased to give you handling tips and tricks, along with some top secret fishy marks ph34r.gif .

Tom

Hoping to get out on Sunday with Bob F + Rob so space is available for my maiden voyage if you can put up with an inexperienced skipper .....

Bob's not that bad tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Seriously, congratulations on the boat and I am sure you will have much fun with her.

Still new here, but congrats on your new boat!

i hope it helps ya catch more fish  biggrin.gif

(i quite like the idea of a merry fisher group mike!  rolleyes.gif sounds good!)

Dan

Please can I join!

I only own one, but look after loads of them, does that make me group "Commodore"? blink.gif

If not commodore then certainly commode laugh.gif

Mad Mike

Hi Guys , Thanks for all your kind words, and you are all more than welcome to come out and tell me what i'm doing wrong. Obviously boat handling is just a small part of the big picture but i could really do with knowing about trip planning ( tides,wind,etc,) Can we do a trip planning for dummies at one of our monthly meets ?.

Well i will be based at Weymouth marina, as the boat was on a mooring already so i just took it over. Went down to see her last night with a couple of friends and had my first fish and chips onboard.....GREAT.

I am having her name changed from Annie to Marichelle which is a combination of two names Maria and Michelle. These lovely young filly's were two nurses at Southmead hospital Bristol whom i had the pleasure of meeting whilst in for my op, but unfortunately i didnt have the pleasure of them working under me.

Any way i have just found out that i will not be able to get her wet on Sunday because she is overdue her first service by some 20 hrs so i will be trying to sort this out and coincide it with her getting antifouled anodes changed and renamed. I hope to get her out within 2 weeks with the help of Tom's mate Mike at Weymouth whom has been extremely good and helped me every step of the way.

Thanks to you all. If you need crew over this weekend give me a shout. Jas

Just had a chap on the phone, very nice guy, Kevin Cousins with a 695 called Yelo in Cobbs Quay.

He is keen to join up and become part of the PBSBAC "Jeanneau Owners Club" and possibly another to chalk up for the cross channel brigade too.

He's been spying blink.gif on the forum as a guest for quite some time and I got the impression he used to be a member of the club so I am trying to convince him to rejoin.