Brokerage Recommendations?

gaffa

Well the day has finally come when I have decided to sell Reflections 2.

I have owned her since 2006 and she has served me very well over that time but I have gradually lost the incentive for fishing..

If any club member would be interested in a private sale please pm me,otherwise I will put her through brokerage.

Does anyone have any feedback regarding Blue Lagoon boat sales?

Peteg

i have only boat 1 boat through a broker. Mark at Stingray at cobbs. As a buyer, i found him straightforward and easy to deal with. There are always the issues of what they try to get away with (in my case it was a dud trailer), but that is part of buying boats. 

As a seller, I have spoken to him several times after and phones me when people are interested in my kind of boat. he charges a flat 6%.

I have used Blue lagoon for servicing and repairs, but he does seem to do a lot of repossessions for sale. Have seen him a rockely taking boats on repo.

Sorry to hear that Pete, comes to all of us eventually. With what it costs to keep a boat at Cobbs, it is a question of justifying the outlay, if you're not getting out very often it's probably not worth it. Always a berth on mine if you fancy a day out.

Terry.

Always seems a bit of a mess in their yard, don`t know who runs it now but we tried to buy two boats from there and they weren`t much help .

where is your boat kept,is there a broker in your yard

Hi Ian, Thanks for your feedback,the boat is on the drystack at Cobbs Quay Marina.

There are a number of brokers there so I will have to do the rounds.

Just mentioned Blue Lagoon as somebody had previously recommended them as a fast turnover, low commission  outfit.

have only boat 1 boat through a broker. Mark at Stingray at cobbs. As a buyer, i found him straightforward and easy to deal with. There are always the issues of what they try to get away with (in my case it was a dud trailer), but that is part of buying boats. 

As a seller, I have spoken to him several times after and phones me when people are interested in my kind of boat. he charges a flat 6%.

I have used Blue lagoon for servicing and repairs, but he does seem to do a lot of repossessions for sale. Have seen him a rockely taking boats on repo.

Hi Matt, Thanks for your feedback. I was a bit put off by one feedback review re Matt at Stingray boats .

I have replied to your PM

Pete

Sorry to hear that Pete, comes to all of us eventually. With what it costs to keep a boat at Cobbs, it is a question of justifying the outlay, if you're not getting out very often it's probably not worth it. Always a berth on mine if you fancy a day out.

Terry.

Hi Terry,

Yes its a sad day but comes to us all.Basically I'm not using her at all and its time someone else got to get as much fun from her as  I have.

Thanks for the offer of a day out I might take you up on that if I still have any tackle left

Peteg

As you're paid up until spring, it might be an idea to postpone until then, more interested buyers and perhaps the market may have turned up a bit.

Terry.

Doesn't really affect me Terry I pay monthly and only have to give a months notice😇

Try Peter Keats boat sales Peter, 07809 221135

He is also a Member at the Yacht Club and works hard on his brokerage. So comes recommended.

Not sure I could say the same about the other company you mentioned.

Charlie

Great info ,Many Thanks Charlie I will probably contact him next week as would like to give members a shot first.