Junior Comps in July and August

jerry.shutter

Details of Junior Comps

July Junior Specimen Comp.

August Species

This is open to any junior angler under 16. Fishing on any club boat with proper parental supervision throughout July. If the junior is not a member of PBSBAC, then a £2.00 joining fee for the July Comp, and August 20th one day comp will be charged. A form will be required to be filled in by the skipper/parent so the adult can be contacted for any future Junior activities.

The July Comp is a Specimen Comp with the best percentage fish being the winning fish.

The August 20th Comp is a 6hr individual species Comp which entries will be required before the day, as per usual club Comps. The July Comp please post about your day out, with fish caught and hopefully some fishy pictures.

There will be prizes for both the July and August Comps.

Junior Competitions 2023.docx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry iv'e been up north chasing rabbits!! I think that's a great idea.

So yes, as the weather has removed July from most of our fishing calendars, the Specimen Comp for Juniors has been re scheduled for all of August, with the Junior Species Comp to take place on the 20th August as previously scheduled.

4 hours ago, jerry.shutter said:

Hi Guys,

Sorry iv'e been up north chasing rabbits!! I think that's a great idea.

So yes, as the weather has removed July from most of our fishing calendars, the Specimen Comp for Juniors has been re scheduled for all of August, with the Junior Species Comp to take place on the 20th August as previously scheduled.

That’s great news, My son Jack was a little dis-heartened as he thought he wouldn’t get a chance to tow part. 👍🏻

Sorry today, schoolboy error!

Will Maloney is a friends son who had never fished before but fancied a go, twelve years old and hungry to catch a monster.  We left Cobbs having caught three schoolies at the marina, i had said the harbour would be our furthest point of travel, infact we didn't leave Holes Bay.

A few rag from Andy at PSA and game on. First fish were more schoolie Bass including a double shot, then a Ballan Wrasse of 1lbs, followed by more Bass, then the rod hooped over and i thought a better Bass, but no a cracking 1lbs 7oz Black Bream 35cms.

2 more Ballans, slightly smaller, and another Bream about a pound. More Schoolies as the tide turned the weed started to become a problem, thinking about finishing up the rod went over again but this time prouduced a lovely 1lbs 4oz Flounder 37cms new species for Loobie 1V thanks Will!!! He even let his dad catch 3 bass! A couple of shandys and an OJ for Will at 3.30 finished a cracking day. 

Unfortunately my new lap top i am struggling with photos so i will try and send some from my phone.

• 2 weeks later...

The weather forecast yesterday proved pretty accurate, so a bit lumpy to take two first timers out. Dennis 10 and Harrison 11 came down with there grandfathers for a day out. 

A leisurely 10.30 bridge and a few “are we nearly there yet?” we first went round towards Lakeyard. Neither had caught fish under there own previously, but after a bit of instruction both were happily getting double shot Chequers and single Black Bream. ( I had tied two hook rigs with semi circles and they had over 25 Bass and every one except one was lip hooked👍) After half a dozen schoolies we changed tactics to try and avoid them, no chance! Wonderful to know the nursery area is still strong with the number of predators they face.

Both juniors had Black Bream, then Dennis hooked into a better fish, RESULT a thick lipped Mullet, first I’ve ever seen caught when not being targeted. This was followed by another new species in the boat for 2023 caught by Harrison, a Gilthead Bream.

Its strange how youngsters are so spooky about handling worms, even after digging them, however both were happily handling them by the end of the day.

Slack water at lunchtime and a quick sandwich we tried some drifts for some Plaice but just more Bass! 2.30 Bridge and another mark in Holes Bay  only produced one Ballan Wrasse and MORE Bass.

We had a wonderful day and they are really keen for another trip, two Grumpy grandfathers put the world of agriculture right so success all round.

10B03B48-543E-4921-B68A-015B43BE87C4.jpeg

E977B6A0-453E-4ABE-86AF-954DEC837BF7.jpeg

CC4C152F-CECA-4542-ABAF-4D47EED7591A.jpeg

ED0AB282-8983-43AD-A48F-0720D01C39F7.jpeg

6B87887F-C202-4410-BAE3-8E29A4662D58.jpeg

03465C11-2285-4D1A-991F-AD56AA71D6EB.jpeg

7EADD186-D280-413C-AA05-83D96B7B409E.jpeg

C66E5F91-A7B5-4575-B278-B3AE30A7261F.jpeg