Friday 2nd. Looking good.

Leicester Fisheagle

A very long story.

basically all the engine and dash electrical looms had to be replaced due to the exhaust elbow last year springing a leak.

All good now after £5 ks worth of work.

Fortunately the Insurance company paid the majority of the cost. 

It didn’t help with the French winning the World Cup as all items had to be shipped over during the tournament!!

I fished on a charter boat out of Yarmouth on Friday, we fished 3 miles south of the Needles, between the eight on the boat we had about 80whiting, 20 Spurs to 20lb although the guy next to me lost one at the boat which I reckon was 25lb + the biggest one I have seen, we also had about 20 congers to about 20lb 5 x rays 1 x bullhuss + a few dogfish and one pout one guy also had a shark on for about 5mins which was interesting went right round the boat before heading south, we also had a porpoise come out of the water right next to the boat and no one had another bite after that so no fish for last hour and 15 mins. No cod caught and skipper has not heard of any  since start of October apart from a few in the Solent ? 

Lovely day to be on the water and only used 8 ozs of lead at height of tide with big cuttle baits.

I was out with Allan on Fisheagle on Friday, it was a nice day and flat calm but no fish to speak of, very very slow.

We called on Ch 6 to see if anyone was about but no replies apart from Happy Hooker whom we fished with close by.

We had Red Gurnard, Small Eyed Ray and Dogfish but no whiting, cod or great whites!

Good to get some fresh air however to help blow away the cobwebs. 

Happy Hooker seemed to have more fish than us but they were there before us so had got the mark Allan was after.

Thanks for the trip Allan