First trip of 2017 on Wishin Too

niggle

With Chris and Mal as crew we set off at 7.15 with no real plan until we saw the sea state out of the harbour,it wasn't to bad so we pushed out to a secret mark 😉about 18 miles out.

Once there dropped anchor but the new one is not big enough so up it come and a 10kg one was put on while Alfresco waited for us to reanchor,this one dug in straight away possibly assisted by my crew ripping the pee out of me😂.We had fish straight away first blonde rays then spurdogs at a steady pace with a quiet spells in between the flurry of bites and fish.It was a great day with lots of banter and great fishing,we had 18 spurs to 19.8lb ,3 blonde rays to 16.8lb 3 bullhuss to 10.8lb a thorny 13lb, loads of pout,lsd's,whiting,poor cod and 3 conger.But if we had hooked and landed all the bites/part hooked fish it would of been a once in a lifetime day.

Great company with 2 mates thanks lads

I'll put pictures on with tapatalk as wont let me on this topic

Great report and pictures Nigel

As we approached we did not see you at all until we were a couple of houndred yards away.

Happy to be polite and let you guys settle the boat on her anchor, before we put ours down. looks like you had it spot on with plenty of net waving and no need to reposition

we had a busy day too but some of our quiet times were a bit longer. Lol

Cheers for the day out Nigel, great fun as ever with Marigold taking the brunt of the banter, after his show he had been to see he deserved it!! ;).

You will have to open the closet sometime Mal!

Thanks for the stunning floato's (new name for fishing photo,s) Nigel and just to let people know the last one is what happens trying to flick a fender inboard at 20knots and a wave hits it!!! Yes the water has cooled down recently! :(

Absolutely tired out, I have never laughed so much, pulled up so many large fish and eaten so well all in one day, it doesnt get any better than that. Thanks for the invite Nige it has to go down in my books as one of my best days out. :D 

Ps Pink pinnie and blue marigolds is going to be the new 2017 look.

Diane and I were out there as well we arrived somewhat later and left earlier... I thought I did quite well leaving the house at 8:00.

All was well until the only heavy trace line I could find was 500lb stuff, so on that went, I know I've got some 200lb line somewhere, the spurs didn't seem to mind, not sure about other species.

We had spurdogs conger and pout, the best spur went 19lb. I did hook what I think was a very large ray, had it on for quite a while, it moved up steadily to under the boat I was giving it maximum clutch plus a finger trying to get it off the bottom then the hooks pulled out :( .

Diane got pressed into net duty on a regular basis only I found out it was better she held the rod and I did the business with the net. We had a couple moments with 2 fish on at once which was chaotic didn't know whether to stick or twist. Diane found out that the TV reception was still good all the way out there but she kept missing bits of programmes...  :D.

I do think the 100% specimen size for spurdog is a bit ridiculous at only 12lb, just about every spur I caught would have been 12lb plus, I only weighed the 2 biggest at 19 and 15-4lb odd.

861d19ffd65e5626c50bdc74d4a0a5a5.jpg

What a great report Nige with some stunning photos.

I had a lot of belly laughter reading your report and looking at the photos, it reminded me of a recent TV series, now what was it called;

Men Be having Badly ? ------ No

Three Men in a Boat ?-----------No

I Know:

The Real Marigold Hotel :D  :D  :D :D  

Well done Steve and Diane

Great to see you out there enjoying the fun and games

You looked busy on the boat a few times and it looks like Diane did a great job with the net and the camera

Have to agree about the specimen sizes, its about time the AT looked into a review like the NFSA did every few years.

I do not want to go off topic , so may start another thread.

Well done Steve and Diane

Great to see you out there enjoying the fun and games

You looked busy on the boat a few times and it looks like Diane did a great job with the net and the camera

Have to agree about the specimen sizes, its about time the AT looked into a review like the NFSA did every few years.

I do not want to go off topic , so may start another thread.

Charlie

All you need do is send in a request to the Wessex AT asking for the increase in size.

Dave