Alderney 2016

Adam F

Guys,

Managed to clip together a bit of footage from this year's Alderney trip on JV. You'll need to watch it on a PC as opposed to mobile device, as silly US Copyright laws prevent it from being available on all media.

Was a little short of footage this time around due to skippering, catching and filming but nonetheless I've managed a snappy 2 min film to give you a taste of the trip.

https://youtu.be/t7ogKlpaGys

Adam

Adam won't be able to do it so you'll have to do it yourselves.

I can't do it cos I've forgotten.

If you're over 18. . . . . . .

1 )     Go and buy a few beers.

2 )     If you're in the same room as someone else get your headphones.

3 )     Go online to youtube.

4 )     Open a beer.

5 )     search for things like this:   

If you're under 18 soft drinks only  ;)

Enjoy your evening.

Jim

:)  ;)  :D  :lol:  ;)

Two key areas to all of this really - 1) getting the best raw footage you can and 2) stitching it all together.

For the first bit - it really helps if you can have a bit of an idea in your head of what the finished vid may look like - 'start with the end in mind' This will then give you a virtual list of what shorts you need. This is where the big box of mounts come in - you can really add some interest to your videos by having a variety of mounts and angles. Getting a steady shot is important, however dont be too paranoid about the whole clip being dead steady - in reality you'll want just a few seconds of steady clear footage, the rest gets clipped out.

Thanks guys

this year we are going with Wills son Stuart who hopefully knows how it all works, including control through a phone [which eats battery life] or by the remote.

I am borrowing Dan's camera and all of his attachment's, we may even squeeze the pole in the rod tube.

Dan and I bought extra batteries and a double charger, so hopefully that should not be an issue again.

the best shots last year were shore ones with the camera on a small tripod.

The bigger fish on the boats took too long to get in and need to start stop the camera too often.