No practice but will it be perfect

crazy fred

Well after getting a great result on Saturday which I would definitely put down to practice and it wasn't all down trying to catch species but chasing tide flows as we already know where the spieces are most of the time.

So now we are being thrown in at the deep end, no practice and no idea about La Rochelle except it's in Spain !! . You can't use your own tackle they supply all the tackle the day before which is going to be like doing the Tour de France with a wooden leg and solid tyres it's going be difficult .

The fishing is all lure fishing for bass now that's the one thing in our favor as we've caught a few over the years so it is not all doom and gloom just got to practice throwing them back which will be mentally challenging . Our team is Richard Herbert ,Jim whiplash , Pete the diver , and Crazy Fred . Jim is the skipper don't know how long that will be in force will see how good his boat skills are on the drift !! I will be a hard taskmaster . Then we have Jim Whiplash as press officer taking photos of me and Pete hauling in sea bass trying to make a decent story for his new magazine.

ITINERY

May 31st flights from Southampton at 14.35 direct to La Rochelle

Staying at the Hotel ibis La Rochelle Centre Historique. Fred & Pete

sharing a room I am afraid. Just hope it's a twin room or somebody's head will roll

Accommodation booked from 31st May to 5th June

Flights back to Southampton 16.15 on Sunday 5th June

I will have a better idea of schedule for the event closer to the time but

guidelines as follows.

June 1st: 12.00 onwards registration and issue of boat and fishing gear.

19.30 drinks party

June 2nd: 7am briefing. Group A fish 8-12

12.30 lunch at Barracuda club

Group B fish 2-6pm

18.30 drinks and results

20.00 Meal for crews

June 3rd 7am briefing. Group B fish 8-12

12.30 lunch

Group A fish 2-6pm

18.30 drinks and results.

Free evening

June 4th 8am Briefing

Final round SILVER 9-1

Final round GOLD 2-6

19.30 drinks

20.30 prize giving and closing dinner

Will keep you all updated as we go along and hopefully we hold our own it's a bit like blind date!!!!!!