Junior Competition 2015

Sam

Morning Guys,

that is now the 2nd annual Junior Comp done and dusted, and my what a good turnout this year, was great to see all the kids enjoying themselves whilst afloat and also whilst at the Prize giving BBQ

we have had some great results this year and a quick summary, we had 21 juniors fish over the three competitions, a total of 19 different species recorded including a John Dory for Reuben (I think Adam was more excited) and 5 fish recorded over 100% specimen.

big thank you must go out to the people who supported this competition and makes my life easier with the great backing from this club. thank you to the committee for agreeing to fund this competition again this year and agreeing to donate prizes, also a big thank you to chris for helping to organise the bbq area.

thank you to Nigel, Greg, Allan, Mal, Will, Ian and Dad for donating to the prize table,

also a big thank you must go out to the three bbq chef's who did a wonderful job of feeding everyone at last nights prize giving, thank you Kev, Nigel and Chris, and also to all the Members and Partners who helped clean up and distribute the food.

the final results are as follows:

1st best specimen- 55lb conger Jack Allen

2nd best specimen- 11lb 8oz small eyed ray Bradley Toms

3rd best specimen- 14lb 8oz Undulate Curtis Driver

Heaviest Fish

ist comp- 14lb 8oz undulate ray Curtis driver

2nd comp- 10lb 5oz conger eel Jayden Wald

3rd comp- 55lb conger eel Jack Allen

Total species

1st comp- sophie driver 11 species

2nd comp- Jacob givans 11 species

3rd comp- grace mabey 12 species

best girl- Grace Mabey- 12 species and a 98% specimen

a big well done to all the Juniors and some great fish caught, after yesterdays competition these results would make most of the adults happy. three boats all in a line catching specimen rays, never seen so many small eyed rays in one trip.

please can you all upload your photos of the day and the prize giving, I know Charlie took loads

thank you all for your support, time for a rest

tight lines

sam

Well done Sam

I know how much effort you have put in over the past two summers to get more juniors involved. Super day yesterday and great prize-giving BBQ

The Club has 24 listed, to get 21 taking part is great.

Well done all of the juniors that joined in, the Club for fully backing this and of course all of the adult Members that sponsored the event, took the kids out on their boats or came along to the prize giving.

A lot of really good fish were caught this year, after such success no doubt the juniors will be keen to take part again in 2016.Some may get too old to take part, but there were a few younger ones around yesterday that may fill the gaps.

lastly thanks to the Ladies that let their children join in and got involved ashore.

Thanks for putting the comps together Sam great effort, always plenty to do behind the scenes aswell.

A great day yesterday with the weather being perfect and some cracking fish turning up.

post-1189-0-52970300-1441651818_thumb.jpg post-39-0-16586600-1441665638.jpg

post-39-0-46236200-1441665662.jpg post-39-0-48546200-1441665678.jpg

post-39-0-22230300-1441665691.jpg

Can someone please do some turning before I smash this tablet to bits!!!!!! :(

Done!

Nice pics Chris thanks for another top day, I've never seen so many small eyed come out.

What was strange that they never give a bite just pulled the the rod straight over almost pulling the rods in.

Well done Sam for all the hard work, and well done to all the juniors taking part they all seemed to enjoy it.

Looking for ward to next year.

I hope the dates don't clash with are Norway trip???

Jacob and Grandad

Thanks to Sam for organising....It was our first comp together and me and my son Chris really enjoyed it.

Thanks to Martin and family for letting us join them on Madness, good skippering and what a boat!!.

Chris must have enjoyed it because he's offering to do household chores today in exchange for fishing tackle!that's never happened before!

Good to meet a few more members at the bbq.

Cheers, Rob

Hi Adam most of them should be on here. I have some to add from Greg and don't have Jacks Conger. I am working from home tomorrow so will try and sort them out

Stand by oli when I get frustrated with the laptop

Sam

Yes Well Done Sam

Another great competition. It certainly takes a lot of effort and it is a proven success seeing such a great attendance. It is very well appreciated Sam and Brad has already asked if he could enter again next year.

Also, well done to Chris, Kev and Nigel for their hard work at the BBQ and also the wives for doing the shopping.

I have tried uploading photos but had little success and I have passed them onto Sam for uploading. I  choose the photo files from the Choose the files function, press the button and then they fly off into Cyber space. (someone has got them somewhere I am sure!!)

Hopefully Sam will have more success than me.

Greg

(Sam put me down for donating another rod and reel next year)

Courtesy of Oli I can now put together our report on Brad's achievements on the Sunday Junior Comp.

Brad caught 3 number dogfish, one Spotted Ray (4lb) , One small Undulate Ray and 5 Small Eyed Rays ranging from 5lb 7oz to 11lb 8oz. As we had fished this mark many times previously Brad's tac tic was to try for a specimen Undulate Ray. Previously, we had caught many Undulates on this mark but for some reason Small Eyed Rays were dominating the action.

We went out on the Saturday to catch Macys for bait. Good job we did because fishing for three hours we managed only 7 for the whole three hours.

Luckily, I had had some frozen when we were fishing at the Air Festival.   

The ebb tide provided Brad with non stop action from 09.30 to 12.26. Being a slight lad he was struggling bring the Small Eyes in as they Tanked off once they knew they were hooked.  It was great experience for Brad as Brad learned not to be too hasty when he saw the rod tip moving.  He did drop a very large ray when he decided to reel in too early. ( I was in the toilet at the time) Sometimes kids just have to learn the hard way!!

There was a lull in action as the flood took charge. The action then picked up again at 2.35PM and another Small Eyed Ray was landed. However, it was time to pack up for the mad dash for the 3.30PM Bridge (hotly pursued by Madness)

The weather on the day was perfect and it was great to see the surrounding Junior boats all having action.

It was certainly the perfect fishing day and Brad did not want it to end.

post-1715-0-49540600-1441788319_thumb.jpgpost-1715-0-94074200-1441788359_thumb.jpgpost-1715-0-11886000-1441788420_thumb.jpg

Sam

Apparently Oli has informed me that the resolution on the camera I use is too high. I use the Panasonic Lumnix Camera which takes great photos but obviously the resolution is too high for uploading. Hence why you are unable to upload the photos I sent you. It's a pity because there were some good ones I took of Alfresco and Kingfisher in action.

If I can not alter the resolution on the camera in the future I will use the mobile phone for taking pictures. I am sure I can upload those.

Greg