Open Thanks

Rob

Thanks to sponsors, sponsor gatherers, supporters, The boathouse, Cobbs, Christchurch Angling Centre, Poole Sea Angling Centre for yesterday.

Special thanks to Charlie A and Brian at the weigh-in to help it go smoothly. That was a real help. Thanks to Adam who always does a great job setting out the prize table.

I will post the results soon, however, we had 51 adults and 6 juniors fish. 40 fish returned for weighing to the scales, many alive and returned. (A few good eating fish didn't make it back to the water!).

As a club we were well represented and fished well. Our Chairman managed 3 prizes, he was more surprised than the rest of us!

Will Summerell won with a red gurnard of 1lb 3.3oz, Neal Sturt 2nd with a blonde of 21lb 6oz & Mike Toms 3rd with a spotted ray of 4lb 12.75oz.

Well done all those who fished. Great turn out for a poor forecast, that turned out to be ok. Even with the 12-20knt westerly we fished off Ballard in a big sea, wind against tide in 17ft Shetland with an 8yr old fishing! Welldone StarTurn and Sam Annear. We only had to move inshore as 3 times our anchor dragged, even with 60m + of rode out!!!

Thanks,

Rob

Sorry I didn't join in the comp, but it was the first trip in Poole with the boat and the engine had not been run up for a few months.

Will fish next year for sure.

Managed to get a few fish including 3 Gurnard over 1lb and and decent Wrasse close to 4lb.

A big thank you to Rob and his merry men for the hard work put in behind the scenes ;)

And a big thanks to Dave W M for putting us on the fish also Ben and Mick for a good day out.

From a very proud grandad ;;;

Hope to put up a picture fingers crossed

Kev

Well done Rob Charlie and all of the other helpers that made yesterday a success

Great to see so many juniors joining in and getting prizes, well done Jacob for winning with such a good fish.

Thanks also to all of the venues and our generous sponsors

And of course well done to Will, on a winning fish.

Oh and thanks for a great lasagne for lunch in those conditions.

See you all again next year.

Thanks to Rob,Charlie,and Brian for organising and to all the sponsors

It was a mad panic for us out of Christchurch as we came in the run at 4.30 gave the fish to Laura on mudeford quay and then through the harbour banged the leg on the bottom while all the crew cleaned up,tied up on mooring loaded cars and then drove hurriedly and got to cobbs at 5.30.....as Mal said it was like the fishing race.

Well done to my crew as all of us got a prize with Mike(idontlikecomps) got 3rd.

Next year due to tides I am going to beg a place on a Poole boat as I'm lucky I didn't get a speeding ticket also known as a Maverick 🙊😱

Nigel

You could always berth at Cobb for the night, and the one after!!!

Or weigh in at Cobbs then head back to Xchurch after the prizes, which is not too bad with the comp having a daylight finish in August!!!

Good effort Nige & Crew!

Rob

Well done to every one involved in the organisation of the open comp, especially Rob and Charlie and families

all I had to do was step up and say a few words

some of the words I managed to miss were a very big thank you to all our sponsors and hoping they will continue to sponsor us in the next year

Cobbs Quay did a grand job with the food served after the weigh in and  before the presentation, this seemed to work well and the co sponsoring for the food was much appreciated.

Tony