Bream comp .....results

alun j.

Paul and I were back in for lunch.....noticed the wind picked up after a lovely morning.....so we'll post first results !

Paul Frey....3 lbs  9 oz.

Alun Jones ..3 lbs  7 oz.

Paul said he post a pic later...if he can work out how on this new site.

Alun.

My best two on Kellies Hero were 3lbs 2ozs and 2lbs 4ozs and Bill had one of about 1lb 4oz. otherwise, a superb day weather and company wise. The bream fishing was quiet, what with lifting 40 kilos of chain and anchor manually and then towing another Club boat from Dancing Ledge to Rockley early afternoon it was quite eventfull. Others will no doubt fill in the details. 

I have been asked to make a posting for Yan Triska, I understand that he had a bream of 3lbs 10 ozs. which also won the Poole Angling Centre Open Comp (Can anyone confirm?)

Allan.

I was very lucky today. It was because only a few club members entered the Poole Sea Angling Centre competition that my small(ish) 2lb 11.5oz fish came in fifth in that competition. The winner was 3lb 10oz but I don't know who caught it. 

We ended up on the outer patch to, and a great morning to be out. Managed 6 bream and 1 mackerel. my best bream was 1lb 6oz and as usual emma beat me with a 1lb 7oz  :)

Well done every one who found the bigger ones.

Rich.

Well done guys

Some good fish

Lets see who got the 4 pounder!!

Sorry I missed out but grandchildren come first(so my wife says)

See you at the next one

Tony

Do what I did, buy grandchildren a rod each snd take them fishing.:lol::lol:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Sat on the patch from 8 am and between myself and Martin Terry we had 6 fish within the first hour. Unfortunatley they were of no competition winning size and all ranged between 1lb 4oz up to 1lb 8oz. The wind made it difficult and we called it a day after four hours.

It was fun while it lasted, congratulations to those who had fish over 3 1/2 lb.

3 9oz Bream

Had a great day round at Ballard..first fish to Alun, then my first of the day 3lb 9oz...

Straightaway after setting the anchor, I lost my bucket over the side, watched it go downtide until it was a pin-prick size. Doh!!

An hour later it had re-appeared !!  but right inshore and still un-reachable.

Once we were surrounded by the other boats, we were all spinning around the anchor as the wind beat the feable tide, so we decided with a couple of good fish in the box, and only smaller ones coming over the side to make an early return.

By now the bucket had crabbed its way back along the shore line and was heading towards swanage beach, so we zoomed round and picked this up on route. Felt really warm for the first time this year in the sunshine!

Well done to everyone who made the effort..and were rewarded with a few fish.

Paul

And the final result...........

29 Anglers recorded fish, an excellent turnout for the Club Competition.

1st  Jan Triska  3lb 10oz

2nd Paul Frey   3lb 9oz

3rd  Alun Jones 3lb 7oz

4th Nigel Allen   3lb 6oz

5th Alan Green 3lb 2oz

6th Dean Burt   3lb 0oz