Quest II for sale?

TomBettle

Maybe...

Not sure...

Just toying with the idea...

As is something of a standing joke, I hardly use her anymore and it's a shame to see such a magnificent boat sat outside my office window and barely being used. I keep her as she costs me almost nothing to own, but selling her would free up extra cash and with a wedding coming up and who knows what else it would earn me some serious brownie points.

Those brownie points would probably result in me being able to fish far FAR more often, either on charters or as crew for some of my friends on here.

...but then I do love to be skipper... grrr what to do?

So to tentatively test the water here are some basic details. She's not a cheap example, but is definitely one of the best with a completely unique specification geared around angling.

She is currently full of our clutter, grubby and in need of a cut and polish and depending on final prices we can discuss this being done.

If being kept in the water she'll benefit from a coat of antifoul and new anodes too.

She has just had a comprehensive engine service, but as with any (all?) boat she's got a couple of very small niggles which again will be discussed with any buyer and possibly be sorted out depending on sales price. Suffice to say, everything known about the boat will be discussed, complete with a very comprehensive handover.

Please note that she is the only 695 in the world fitted with a 175Hp engine.

The short block has covered about 60 or 70 hours with the boat as a whole completing mid 400s.

Spec includes but not limited to:

2005 Boat

Nanni 175Hp - Short block supplied by Nanni end 2009 / early 2010

Reserve Fuel Tank

Hydraulic Steering

Raymarine C120 Display

Raymarine GPS125

Raymarine DSM300 Fish Finder Module

Rayamrine 2Kw Radar Scanner

Raymarine 54E DSC VHF

Raymarine Smartpilot Autopilot

Navionics Gold Card for English Channel

CD Stereo / FM Radio

12Kg Brittany Anchor

15m 8mm chain

330m warp

Lines & Fenders

Removeable filleting Table made of teak & stainless

Stainless anchor retrieval pad on stb side

Bennet Trim Tabs with dashboard gauge and switches

Deckwash with connection for livewell pump

Alderney set up for anchoring

3 x spare 20ltr Jerry Cans for additional diesel

Tek Tank Livebait tank

HUGE Coolbox (good for 5 days in Alderney, I think 242 litres)

Various boat bits onboard like boat hook, anchoring black ball etc.

As I say, just testing the water, but now would be as good a time as any to move her on so any interested parties would be free to PM or call me for an open chat and possibly to arrange a viewing.

Tom

Always sad to see a boat leave the club..

I understand where youre coming from re. the finacials vs. amount of use - certianly it's crossed my mind a bit over the past year, with a little one, and the possibility of us going down to one wage....

... but then the thought is quickly banished! I prefer not to weigh up the costs too much, I did 25 days on her last year - not a massive amount but roughly a day a fortnight, tough to put a price on the the pleasure I get from JV.

As you say skippering is all part of the fun.

Wont the other syndicate members buy you out?

Anyway, best of luck with whatever you decide.

Always sad to see a boat leave the club..

I understand where youre coming from re. the finacials vs. amount of use - certianly it's crossed my mind a bit over the past year, with a little one, and the possibility of us going down to one wage....

... but then the thought is quickly banished! I prefer not to weigh up the costs too much, I did 25 days on her last year - not a massive amount but roughly a day a fortnight, tough to put a price on the the pleasure I get from JV.

As you say skippering is all part of the fun.

Wont the other syndicate members buy you out?

Anyway, best of luck with whatever you decide.

It's a group choice Adam.

We all love her to bits and would have no quarms about keeping her, but one of the guys doesn't drive, one now lives half a year in France another is always too busy blah blah blah.

We have been keeping her as it costs very little to own her, but it's got to the point where I get frustrated sitting looking at her knowing that either the fishing is rubbish until "X" or I don't have time until "X" or I have a wedding to pay for so will have to forgoe "X".

It won't stop me boating as I am still out on different boats several times a week and it won't stop me fishing as I will maintain my club membership and also get out on charters more too.

As I said though... just entertaining the thought right now, nothing definite.

Tom,

I know where you are coming from - even though Neo costs nothing to keep on the trailer,it is frustrating not being able to get out much ( mainly due to the weather and having to work all hours god sends ).

Sometimes, I am tempted to sell her, but then the weather gets better and I get out and then wonder why the thought even crossed my mind !

Tom,

I know where you are coming from - even though Neo costs nothing to keep on the trailer,it is frustrating not being able to get out much ( mainly due to the weather and having to work all hours god sends ).

Sometimes, I am tempted to sell her, but then the weather gets better and I get out and then wonder why the thought even crossed my mind !

A very big Ditto Paul.

I used Small Fry twice last year, and it'll be a long time till the loan's paid off.

But the feeling I get when I DO get out. Or taking my GrandKidsout, just makes it all worthwhile. wink.gif

Jim

That is such an over-specified boat Tom!

Seriously, for someone, or another group, that want's a 'good to go' package I can't think of many more appropriate for the area etc

understand completely where you are coming from - Phaeton's on a final warning for this year as well!

Dave Halfon-Hobbs was looking for a bigger boat.

Out of my budget Brian !! unsure.gif

I would not be able to afford / justify that sort of money to myself !! Take into account the amount of use and other expenses ...... I would even be pushed to afford an older version at Toms estimates of prices !! wink.gif

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

On a foot note:

I've always said I'd never be without a boat and because I genuinely love the boat I am not even convinced I'll sell unless for the right money.

She is truly the best example you'll find and the tiny little niggles are really just that.

I have a (big) birthday this week, getting married (again) later in the year and who knows what will be coming after that so I think I've been having one of those mid life crisis reality checks.

I'm doing the opposite of most going through this in that I've had boats, driven mega speed boats like a loon, owned fast cars, currently own a big old 4x4 etc etc.

I am thinking of selling my ML in favour of a Skoda Fabia Greenline

83mpg you know!

Zero road tax you know!

Low insurance you know!

14 seconds to 60... that's not too bad is it?

The boat costs me iro

Hi Tom

Sorry to hear that the boat may have to go weep.gif

I know that at timeswe must all sit there thinking these things through and doing the maths, its definately cheaper to charter.

I believe that there may be other Members facing the same dificult decisions as you are.

Its the other bits and pieces that keep me going. even though I too get to use loads of boats at work, I have had one of my own for so long I would miss my own boat too much to contemplate.

Days out fishing, social trips with friends and their boats, Holiday trips are all part of the attraction.

That said having an engine problem and the Boat OOA is a royal pain in the ass, that I could happily live without.

Whatever way you choose or get pushed to go I wish you luck

You know that you will be welcome to come conger cuddling with the boys and I

on Alfresco, we may even get John out again for the promised eeling trip.

Charlie biggrin.gif

Oh Tom think carefully before you part with her, you know you will regret it sooner or later, probably sooner.

The answer to your problem is use it more, where else would we get the sort of escapism we enjoy on our boats? That said I have just had this years stack and store invoice crack the floor in the hall as it landed on the matt laugh.gif

Good luck with whatever you decide

Martin

I'll be happy to come help you catch those Trout/Salmon And show you a few Bass marks

Cheers Paul your welcome, regarding Bass marks the first property we're viewing next Thursday is a barn conversion with 7 acres that fronts a tidal estuary, the owner say's his neighbour catches Bass there regularly, so I've found one mark already.

Gordon