Flatfish & Ray Specimen Comp

pirky

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady Christine had to wait for water to get off the moorings so by 10am Bill and I were under way.

We headed straight out of the harbour and as I don't have a decent ray mark yet I went to an area that is known to provide a mixture of fish at times.

Well when we got there there were a number of other boats around but did not see much action being brought over the sides.

Fist drop of the anchor and it failed to hold, when it was recovered found that it had tripped which I suspect happened when the anchor warp snagged up and jerked the rope! Repositioned the boat and try again, this time it held as it should have done.

Nothing showed at this mark so a move was agreed on and we went inshore only to get doggies and I managed a nice 1lb+ red gurnard.

Time to move again so a drift or 2 down hook sands produced nothing so into the harbour.

Nothing happened until the last few feet of the last of the drift when Bill managed to pull in a 1lb 2oz flounder. smile.gif

By now it was time to stop fishing and head back to the mooring.

Nice day to be out shame about the lack of fish.

Adam - for comp 1 x Flounder @ 1lb 2oz for Bill

Dave

cool.gif

Edited by Coddy

Very quiet day apart from a five minute burst when both Tony and I hooked in to rays. Tony's bit through his trace but my blonde pulled the scales down to 21lb 9oz. Tony had a gurnard which I took home and which contained a fresh peeler crab including bait elastic. Thought it was interesting as neither of us were using crab and there were no boats up or downtide of us. Goes aginst the idea of fish swimming up the tide--this one must have come across the tide for at least a quarter of a mile from the nearest boat.

Pete

Thank goodness for Pete, I was beginning to think that all the fish had departed for pastures new. And me coming down on Wednesday!

And Brian............very funny. I have to say about boot sales though, I don't see the appeal.

Terry.

Nice fish Peter

glad there was at least one out there.

I expect as much as Alun would have liked to win the comp, he would not really want to do so with a 3lb 12 Blonde.

Hard luck Jackie weep.gifsick.gif

Its heartwrenching when a favorite rod breaks, but to also loose the best fish of the day makes it a double blow.

Better get hubby to buy you a new shiny rod, for all the times you let him go fishing laugh.gif

Charlie biggrin.gif