Alderney trip in May

great white

Good advice Adam wink.gif

The bow of an offshore lends itself to noisy wave slap and on the first night next to court Jester it was a bit loud. add that to ropes tugging and fenders gave us a disturbed night that not even several pints could remidy.

The second night alone and stern too the buoy was much better, and the buffs kept the hippo away from the stern drive.

That said I think it was flatter in the harbour on Sunday as well

Charlie biggrin.gif

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many variables to compare the two nights

First was very windy and also you were lashed to another boat

The second was calm and solo on the mooring.

Would be interested in the results next time Charlie. im sure we won't have to wait long biggrin.gif

PJ

....and glorious snooring no doubt!! rolleyes.gif

Mark told me quite seriously that he will be offering FOC ear plugs in his guest house - a good idea a how often is it us hairy snooring blokes sleep in the same room.... not often (fortunatly!) blink.gifblink.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Indeed come November I'll fill up over there instead rolleyes.gif

I can't be exact about my consumption figures until I fill up but best estimates are that for the 20.4 engine hours run we consumed 280 litres.

A lot of these are at tickover/drifts so lph isn't hugely relevant but we probably ran a similar mileage, and for the return trip we were definitely trimmed in and bashing through!

I am goingto award myself an estimatng prize - toppped up on Friday and it took 287 litres.

Allowing the bit between the fuel and Rockley x 2 it would have been almost exactly 280 litres used on the trip!

fuel guage remains useless - was showing empty with 113 litres remaining.

One day I will have to actually run the tank dry though - should have done it this time - just to run those last few litres from the bottom for once.

Well done mate a very good estimate

She is obviously quite good on fuel as it didn't take you long to get home

You used a little less than we did over three days, do you think it was the calmer weather on the Friday run ?

When are we going again wink.gif

Charlie biggrin.gif

having crossed for the 48 hr over the last couple of years I manageed to screw up diaries this year to the extent that I can't make either Weymouth next weekend or the following one for the 48hr.

this probably means the weather will be superb...........

I have a diary opportunity for the 20th/21/22 (biggish tides) or working something round the next one 28/29. With the daylight hours it's quite realistic to run over Fri night and back Sunday but you have to forego the wrecks.

the big but for me is that I currently have a bulging disc which looks like ruining all my plans - and is psycologically impacting my ability to make plans as well!