Alderney trip in May

great white

Charlie,

If Adam can't make it, then I have permission

Sorry Mate - brownie points already submitted. wink.gif

Looking forward to it, lets hope the weather plays nice. Metcheck is giving a bit of wind at the moment - but with 14 days to go - who knows....

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp?zipcode=poole

Edited by Adam F

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment I have a trip planned for a the week end of the 17th and 18th to Alderney with customers (not my boat)

I would also like to go on the May Bank holiday week end with Court Jester (if FPO allows)- and if so, have room for a couple more (not all sleeping overnight on the boat)

So if anyone else hasn't got a place yet and wants to go PM and "first come first served"

I also have a Zodiac inflateable with outboard to get to and fro moorings.

Neal

Great News that other boats are available biggrin.gif

If we plan for the bank Holiday and its off other weekends may be a backup, although in May I will struggle.

It would be great to take 5 boats laugh.gif and Neal your tender would be useful laugh.gif

It sounds like the following are interested

Alfresco

Awol

Phaeton

Ahoy

Court Jester

I too will be very happy to cruise at 18-22 knots with stops for bait and some drift fishing on route. we will try for the extra bait for the other boats.

I think all boats will struggle to accomadate all crews onboard so perhaps its time to check what is available on the Island.[Anyone want to volunteer for that?]

All info on the fishing, tides, baits etc required will be very useful [shytalk?]

Weather and clear waters permitting it must be a chance to have a go at the Clubs Turbot and Brill records

With some excellent back up fishing if the water stays cloudy [Tope, Bass and Bream]

Bring it on biggrin.gif

Charlie

I'll have a chat with the Armoury this week. I also know Mark at Alderney Angling has just set up a new B&B.

There are plenty of B&B's on the island - the usual problem is getting in at short notice. In previous years Ive needed to book up at least 6 months in advance.

The Armoury is great as they dont charge if you get blown off. Plus they do a mega breaky. The downside is if you want to leave the mooring early to get to the banks.

Thanks Neal Nice eel biggrin.gif

I was not sure that others wanted to go to the Islands for a conger trip

On the tides that weekend the slack times will be short so I expect most will want to try for the flatfish, bass etc

May be interested if we get a slack on the way over or back, Do you have any rusty bits in mind? ph34r.gif

Charlie

not a whole lot of ling get reported in the catch reports............and I have never caught one!

I struggle to relate the current club record to the fish out there either, in the way I can with the existing pollack for example. Do the ling on the channel wrecks in club waters go much over 22lb ?

back to fitting the new doors and dreaming.........

not a whole lot of ling get reported in the catch reports............and I have never caught one!

I struggle to relate the current club record to the fish out there either, in the way I can with the existing pollack for example. Do the ling on the channel wrecks in club waters go much over 22lb ?

back to fitting the new doors and dreaming.........

They can get far bigger Duncan.

22lb isn't a big fish by Ling standards, although it will pull your string well if taken on Pollack gear.

I took Mark B to a wreck on the way back from Alderney last year and we had plenty of them on flappers on a slowish drift.

Best fish went about 18lb I think(?). Unfortunately the wreck lays just to the west of club waters and is interestingly nicknamed... "The Ling".

Hi Duncn

They do get a few Ling around the Islands

But I believe their Spcimen size is smaller than ours so that does indicate that teh NFSA see there average size as smaller.

Nether of my boys have ever caught one so I would not mind having a Go if someone has an idea of which wreck is worth a try.

Charlie biggrin.gif

Thanks Tom

All assistance on this first trip will be appreciated.

Do you think it worth while contacting Mark direct?

Charlie

I told him to pop on here and say Hi, offering his services, but yes, give hima shout if you have bodies that need beds.

I never even realised he ran a guest house too!

http://www.alderneyangling.com

Edited by TomBettle

Thanks Tom

All assistance on this first trip will be appreciated.

Do you think it worth while contacting Mark direct?

Charlie

I told him to pop on here and say Hi, offering his services, but yes, give hima shout if you have bodies that need beds.

I never even realised he ran a guest house too!

http://www.alderneyangling.com

he is a registered forum user - but he's been a bit busy I guess!

we tried to meet up last Sept but the weather conspired against both trips.

Hi Guys,

Yes its been a while since I've been here, thanks to Tom for pointing it out to me.

If you've not anything booked for that weekend and need to get your head down we have vacancies at the moment. We have a courtesy car you can use as well.

Either way I have stuck it in my diary so if it is a good weekend then if welcome I'd be only too pleased to buzz around with you guys for the weekend.

Keep me posted and if I forget to look at the post someone send a reminder, cheers tongue.gif

Hi Mark,

There'll probably a few of us looking for B&B if the weather allows to get over for that weekend; myself and Paul Dore for a start ....I think!

Fingers crossed,

Alun.

Alun

It will be best to contact Mark directly rather than rely on him spotting the post again.

Not by PM, but by phone (the numbers on his website).

Tom