LED lighting

boyscott

I'm thinking of upgrading the lighting on the boat from the original incandescant to LED . There are just 3 nav lights, a wheelhouse light and a deck light. Has anyone done it and what do you need to be aware of please? Do I just swap all the light fittings & bulbs or do I need to do something at the switch end of the circuit too ?
Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

1 hour ago, Stuie said:

I had a problem with a nav light damaged  so changed to LED's. No problem installing them - bought them at Cobbs chandlers and wired in as straight replacements.

Thanks Stuie. The chap who runs it has always been helpful so I'll probably get them there and ask his advice.

4 hours ago, boyscott said:

I'm thinking of upgrading the lighting on the boat from the original incandescant to LED . There are just 3 nav lights, a wheelhouse light and a deck light. Has anyone done it and what do you need to be aware of please? Do I just swap all the light fittings & bulbs or do I need to do something at the switch end of the circuit too ?
Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Should be just a straight swap with the correct size lamp.

Did my interior cabin lights with 12 volt led lamps from screwfix. 

My navlights and cabin lights were changed by just buying the led version of the lamps ( bulbs)

Happy with those

Hoi did the same formy deck lights. But they were not that bright so i changed the two units for very bright led ones.

Mick. I would hope that it was an easy job for you. After all, your website name is sparky. Lol

9 minutes ago, great white said:

My navlights and cabin lights were changed by just buying the led version of the lamps ( bulbs)

Happy with those

Hoi did the same formy deck lights. But they were not that bright so i changed the two units for very bright led ones.

Mick. I would hope that it was an easy job for you. After all, your website name is sparky. Lol

Dead easy Charlie.......didn't even have to put a certificate to the work !!!!😃