You Tube of June Species Hunt Aboard Marlin

Greg

Thanks for the vote of confidence Chris 😅🤣

On a serious note, Brad has the New Go Pro 11 Black which he will not use on the boat until he has used it on holiday next week. He tells me it is far superior with better sound quality. 

So I am looking forward in him giving that a go for a fishing report in the near future. 👍

No Jim,

Brad is doing a three year BA honours degree course in Film at Bournemouth University.

Carol and I am encouraging him to do more filming. We bought him some very expensive Canon Filming equipment last year and he is yet to use it.

Basically it is a bit dodgy him going out alone with such expensive equipment so I will be spending some time with him this summer to help him out. We know he has to get his portfolio expanded.

He has a fill in job at the the admissions and shop at the Tank Museum for his pocket money, however, he will also be looking to do some volunteering there as they have a film department as well.

So it is early days at the moment. A busy lad !!!!

Thanks,

Greg

Quote.  "Brad is doing a three year BA honours degree course in Film at Bournemouth University."

Good for him Greg.

Way above my head.

I can't even spell B.A. let alone do one. 😜

You must be a very proud Dad ! 🙂

54 minutes ago, Tarlach. said:

Thumbs up to that video Greg. Not often will I watch a fishing video through to the end, but yours I did!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil I noticed you use Tapatalk, did you upgrade to pro and pay or put up with the slightly as reported lesser version. I only ask because lofty raised it in the committee meeting.

Neil I noticed you use Tapatalk, did you upgrade to pro and pay or put up with the slightly as reported lesser version. I only ask because lofty raised it in the committee meeting.

I just use the standard version Mal. I don't see a need to go pro, as I'm not! It does what I need, except play some of the video content.

I just use the standard version Mal. I don't see a need to go pro, as I'm not! It does what I need, except play some of the video content.

Luckily Greg's worked though!

Sounds good to me. I will have a chat with Brad and see if he is interested.

Brad did a two year ual Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology at Poole College for which he achieved a distinction. This catapulted him into University. 

His ambition is to eventually become a cinematographer. He has developed good skills in both filming and editing.

So I think the challenge for Brad to help elevate the club on it's "You Tube" channel would be good for both Brad and the club. 

Unfortunately it is not that simple Charlie,

Brad uses Adobe Premiere Pro software (subscription) to do his film editing. This is the type of software professional film makers use.

By all means you can ask him about general editing but I'm afraid you would need to be proficient in the use of this software. Brad was taught this stuff when he was on his media production course at Poole College.

It is all way above my head Charlie !!!

1 hour ago, great white said:

Thanks Greg, and mine mate.

With the help of Jim and you tube I learnt how to use some software, but it took ages

By the time I did it again I had forgotten most of the tips

Me too Charlie   😄

1 hour ago, great white said:

Thanks Greg, and mine mate.

With the help of Jim and you tube I learnt how to use some software, but it took ages

By the time I did it again I had forgotten most of the tips

You could always do the course at College, now you have all that free time on your hands Charlie 😀

On 6/17/2023 at 9:59 AM, Greg said:

Sounds good to me. I will have a chat with Brad and see if he is interested.

Brad did a two year ual Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology at Poole College for which he achieved a distinction. This catapulted him into University. 

His ambition is to eventually become a cinematographer. He has developed good skills in both filming and editing.

So I think the challenge for Brad to help elevate the club on it's "You Tube" channel would be good for both Brad and the club. 

I wonder if Brad would make a comment on a recording device to buy or avoid. i.e Go Pro or alike.

Hi Mal

We got him for Christmas the new Go Pro 11 Black. He is saving it's first use for when we go to Antigua this weekend.

He is going to do a Vlog on the resort and trips. It will only be then that he will know if that device is any good.

This video he did was on the Go Pro 3 I believe.

So I will let you know in about three weeks time ??

Cheers,

Greg

I have a Go pro and a couple of cheap copies for on the boat

Sound has always been an issue so any advice on that would be welcome.

I sometimes just add a bit of text. But Greg's was better with talking to the camera.

I did see some advice that said to record the sound/commentary on a phone using your hands as a clapper board.

then align the video from the camera and the audio from the phone using the editing software.

I am yet to give that a go.

Has Brad tried that Greg?

He does not need to do that Charlie because his editing software he uses shows all the sound waves linking in with the film clips. It really is a clever bit of stuff.

It is second nature to him now. 

It only took him a couple of hours to edit the whole day's filming and linking in the music from another web source!!!

I have to remind myself at times that he is only 19 yrs old!!, but he has come on in leaps and bounds with this filming lark!!!!