This weekend

great white

Anyone thinking of braving the big tides and cold weather to go out this weekend. Thur, Sat or Sun

Alfresco has not been out for a while, so am thinking of going, to give her a spin. But it would be good to think others are about just in case.

I would not be going far on those tides, and have space for crew if anyone is interested.

Charlie

1 hour ago, Greg said:

Anyway, Bit difficult for our boats at Cobbs to get out at the moment as the Twin Sails Bridge is permanently down due to damage and repairs. So I could not get out if I wanted to.

Good luck to everyone else 

Greg

Not sure whats going on Greg.

Speaking to someone from PHC today and they were just letting a big lifeboat out.

Whether its only emergency lifting I'm not sure ??

Might be worth a chat with them.

Will ask bridge control tomorrow and let you know the answer

The twin sails bridge had both sides up 30 degrees this morning at 9am, both down at 2.30.

Couldn't get an update as answer not known !

Be aware that the harbour is about 300mm higher than tide book with all the rainwater about.   I couldn't get out till 9.30 whereas I should have been able to get out about 8.45 according to tide book.

13 hours ago, Greg said:

Strips of squid work equally as well

I would say take both, I was in the position two years ago when I couldn't even get a bite with squid on a mark where I knew there were fish. Alun told me to swop to mackerel and thereafter it was non stop action. And yes, on the bottom.

Terry.

Thank you both. My plan is to spot a boat that looks like it knows what it’s doing and fish near that. 
If that’s your plan too I advise you not to follow Edeavour 3.😉

seriously I’m thinking of going 2 or3 miles SSE of old harry and drifting on the 2knot tide in the earl afternoon.

Any comments or better ideas?