Happy Birthday Terry

Maverick Martin

Thanks for your thoughts lads, I did have a day at least. Number 1 daughter talked me into felling a big old tree in a friends garden which took up most of the day time. She gets all the logs and I get - exercise. Good to know I haven't lost my touch with a chainsaw.

As a reward, Amanda  cooked us dinner and supplied the wine which was, in some part, adequate recompense.

Terry.

3 hours ago, plaicemat said:

Thanks for your thoughts lads, I did have a day at least. Number 1 daughter talked me into felling a big old tree in a friends garden which took up most of the day time. She gets all the logs and I get - exercise. Good to know I haven't lost my touch with a chainsaw.

As a reward, Amanda  cooked us dinner and supplied the wine which was, in some part, adequate recompense.

Terry.

You earned some dad's privileges then 

Barney Rubble Chopping Wood GIF - Barney Rubble Chopping Wood Chop Down Tree GIFs

What was the tree Terry?

I got my hands on a short piece of Beech the other day. There's a pattern running through it that looks like a butterfly.

It'll be a while before it's dry enough for me to carve but looking forward to it.

Had to carry it under my arm for ½ a mile and Daisy wanted me to throw it for her.  😀 

3 hours ago, Jim said:

What was the tree Terry?

I have yet to identify it exactly Jim. It is some sort of ornamental variety but big. Rather than a large central trunk, it had a low bole at the bottom and large sub trunks going off in various directions and was right next to a fence with the neighbours property with a summer house on their side. It tested my ingenuity and involved a bit of climbing, although not as high as I used to go, I probably wouldn't bounce as well these days. I wouldn't have seen it as a candidate for turning.

I took a large ash down here a while ago (this year) if you want a bit of that.

Terry.

I'd love some Ash Terry.

Yes please.

The bigger the better.

It's not for turning.

It's to go on my CNC router. This is it being moved to the far end of the garage with the aim of closing it all off to reduce mess and noise.

Hope to get it ready soon.  👍

Moving to end of Garage.png