Oh bugger

Tarlach.

Wow that's an obscene amount of money when the chinks can do it for a third of the money, what about oem exchange do they do em

I’ve been told by 3 companies that new units are the only option. I’m still hunting for options though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just googled oem and you have one of the most expensive turbos on the planet (flash git)

With that all in mind I think in your position I would try the cheaper option...................maybe? 

There is always that doubt though.
Probably unfounded but still a gamble .

I’ve quizzed the Chinese man about quality of his turbo.

This is his response ...

Dear Neil:

Have a nice day!

This turbocharger is the original turbocharger of copy.

Our turbocharger quality higher than original turbocharger.
Because We have upgraded this turbocharger of the compressor wheel and turbine housing, we used forged aluminum compressor wheel and D5S(GGGNi Si Cr 35 5 2)for turbine housing, this turbocharger has a longer service life.
D5S turbine housing can be good used the conditions of a marine environment.

This turbocharger is upgrade, so better than the original turbocharger. This turbocharger comes with ONE YEAR unlimited mileage warranty.

Please check the pictures attached!

Best wishes
Zhao

Usually when buying cheaper from an unknown source, two things have to be considered, 1) if I can buy two or three of those for the price of the alternative, got to be o/k isn't it? 2) Can I afford to lose £800, it is the same as gambling.

Good luck with your decision.

Terry.

3 hours ago, Tarlach. said:

I’ve quizzed the Chinese man about quality of his turbo.

This is his response ...

Dear Neil:

Have a nice day!

This turbocharger is the original turbocharger of copy.

Our turbocharger quality higher than original turbocharger.
Because We have upgraded this turbocharger of the compressor wheel and turbine housing, we used forged aluminum compressor wheel and D5S(GGGNi Si Cr 35 5 2)for turbine housing, this turbocharger has a longer service life.
D5S turbine housing can be good used the conditions of a marine environment.

This turbocharger is upgrade, so better than the original turbocharger. This turbocharger comes with ONE YEAR unlimited mileage warranty.

Please check the pictures attached!

Best wishes
Zhao

Just be aware, many firms claim to be from Hong Kong but actually they are from China.

Oh, good luck, you will f**king need it 

Try John Dunster one of our members, he can weld almost anything. If it’s knackered what have you got to loose. Give him a call.

Thank you for this, you were a day too late however. I have found a company in Portsmouth who are confident they can weld and repair ! Fingers crossed

On 10/6/2020 at 8:48 PM, Rob said:

Or wait for Steve to go there again on one of his "work" jollies!!

R

The turbo would almost certainly be made in China, very little manufacturing in Hong Kong now, many companies have sales offices there. Some Chinese stuff is of good quality, when it is it's not uber cheap, there is also a lot of c*** as well, can be hard to know what quality you are buying unless you know someone else who has bought before and they are happy. 

The wait might be a long time, I'm not prepared to be in solitary in an 'approved' hotel for 2 weeks.

Anyway, I have a company just across the border in GuangZhou I do go for work, it's just I have good friends there so it's a bit of a home from home :grin:. My moto is whatever you are doing try and make the best of it!

In China, we have a phase " one cent of money, one cent of goods". So basically you order items by grade, a,b or c.

A being good,

B being ok

C being sh*t.

When you are the one ordering merchandise, you specify what grade you want.

Problems arise when you are buying stuffs off the guy who is purchasing from the merchant (worse if you are buying from the guy who's buying off the guy who's buying off the merchant), you don't know what grade it is.

The reason importers have such a margin is that they will be covered if goods turn out to be crap and have to replace them.

If you pay with PayPal or credit cards you will have a degree of protection but may need to jump thru hoops to get them.