boat wanted

kwaka

Well said Rob.

See if you can get out on Members' boats or at least take a look at them.

14 feet is probably going to limit your choices.

I expect Dave ( Coddy ) will supply you a link to his site. He did quite an in depth look at boats a few years ago.

Good luck.

Jim

Thanks guys am thinking of initially round poole harbour and taking any courses/lessons from the club. Had a T.V. dingy in my youth round xchurch harbour. Would be happy to look around or spending time on other boats in the club if anyone can oblige.

Dave,

If you give us an idea of budget and what you plan to do with it we might be able to know what to suggest.

My boat is 15.5 ft, nice a light (300kg ABS hull - foam filled unsinkable), 50Hp (economical), 28/30 knts, plenty of freeboard, and i happily go out 10 miles and have done some long runs in horrible seas. It is a Terhi BigFun and there are other models available (same size but lighter) - i know the 4020 as we had one of those in the family too.

If you wish to take a look, just let me know.

There are Orkneys in the club that also might suit you - no doubt a chat with their owners could be of use.

Thanks

Rob

i have a salcombe flyer 440 similar to this one. http://wowboatsales.com/sale/2000-salcombe-flyer-440-sport---mariner-40-hp--eloptt---trailer-27984/uk

Sorry, you have to click on the pictures to see it. There dont seem to be any active listings for any 440s right now. But you can expect to pay up to £4,500 for a good one.

They are about 14.5ft long and mine has a 50hp on it. Really flies and gets up on the plane instantly with three blokes in it.

Really easy to tow and can be launched and recovered single handed by a beginner (with some coaching!). Good starter boat. Great for harbour/close shore fishing, doesnt really have the freeboard for open seas though, hence why i want to upgrade a bit.

I am probably going to sell it at the beginning of next season as I want to upgrade to a 17 footer to go further out. You are more than welcome to come and take a look if you are in the London area and I can talk you through it, just to get some info. 

I started with my first boat about 6 years ago, (this being my second boat) so I have walked the path you are about to follow! Happy to share my experience!

Hi Dave,

I have a Westport Marine Pilot 4 with a Honda 50

Like this:

I used to have a Warrior 165

The Pilot 4 is a good little boat but not the same animal as the Warrior.

I downsized cos I'm old, fat, & unfit with dodgy knees. I can push this one around easily on the unbraked trailer.

I still miss the Warrior though.

You're welcome to take a look. I'm in Poole.

PM me if you'd like a " Butchers "

Jim