First Comp Of The Year

Maverick Martin

Hi all

Well its the first species comp of the year this Sunday(April 24th). Read up on the rules, times etc here

Attached is the score sheet. Record your catch and add up you scores (cant seem to get it to do it automatically) then return to Charlie via email or snail mail ASAP. Charlie has to return the results to Boat Fishing Mag within a week so if your scores are not in they will not count! If you cannot open the sheet then phone your results to him and he will fill in the form for you.

I Look forward to seeing you all on the water and wish you good luck

Martin

species_score_sheet_2005.doc

huh.gif As newboys to this competition thing, can I ask:

1)no need to book in, just go and do your thing and record it

2)07.30 is the START FISHING time not leaving the slip.

Myself and solent hushpuppy are looking forward to this new experience, although I don't think anyone need panic about us threatening their chances!

Terry

Good to hear you are going to take part in our first species comp of the year.

You need to either phone Charlie Chapman (fish recorder) or Peter Russel ( safety officer) the night before to ascertain that the comp is on and that you will be fishing or call up one of the above on channel 6 vhf on the morning of the comp to log in, Charlie = "Great White", Peter = "Whistler". If you do not log in your fish will not count and you would not be included in the comp.

Fishing is a continous period of 7 hours of your choosing between the hours of 7.30 and 4.30pm so as you say not from launching time.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing Fredor on the water Sunday

Martin

Roll on Sunday. Weather looks reasonable ( possible bit of rain and light winds ).

Launching from Mudeford as Wick will be under repair

Worth noting this in case any other members forget and go to launch from Wick.

WICK WILL BE CLOSED

Sam,

Good luck hunting down the tope ..... - we will be the boat catching bream / doggies / mullet / bass / flatties etc. ( I wish )

Hi All

Martin beat me too this one

Please support the Clubs competitions and join us in this years events

If you can not open the sheet from Martins report email me and I will send you one by reply email.

I have installed a new answer machine on my home phone

so if I am out leave a message to say who is fishing and the boat name.

Please leave a contact phone No in case there is a need for me to get back to you if the comps are cancelled

Tight lines for 2005

Charlie

I'll let you know when I have found out myself laugh.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Actually, I used to have a lot of success before I had the boat, fishing for the mullet in the harbour ( and a couple of reasonable bass ) . Since I have had the boat I haven't caught a mullet from it ...... ( not that I have tried that hard to be honest )

Got the hang of catching bream though ( and whiting ) but of course, not as big a your one sick.gifsick.gif zzzzzzzzzzzzzz smile.gif

Andy and I hope to be out there,we are currently looking for a signal flag signifying "plague,please stand clear" so that you can take avoiding action before we bring our own brand of Fishing skills into your area of operations. good luck to one and all...jack

rich we were hoping to head west but it all depends on the weather.

if not will be heading the other way will be trying harder this year i could win a boat biggrin.gif

as youve proberly guessed im desperate for a boat of my own.

sam