Free boat fishing day

Raymond Ellerton

Hi all i am Ray

I am new here. I have a boat Just got it 17f Mayland cabin cruiser. I need help to slip her at Pontins for the first time. I had boats 30 years ago but not this big . I will have the boat moored on a pontoon (Davis Yard) from 29th . so that will be very easy. So if you want to help me get it in and out the water call me but please need help from experienced guys who know what to do

Ray 07468696819

Hi Ray

Welcome to the club

Why not put her in using Davis's slip then it is an easy trip to your pontoon?

Not sure I know where Pontins is

Best advice is speak to Mal Thomas our Safety Officer and get on a Level 2 RYA course, you will also need a VHF licence which is another course, Mal can arrange these things.

Don't forget your personal safety gear as well, accidents happen when you least expect it.

Dave

Ray welcome, I would like to offer you some advice, but launching and recovering is not something I do. We have members who may be watching who have plenty of experience, so watch this space.

As a new member and a new boat, can I ask if you have had a safety check and engine service on your new boat and whether the vessel is equipped with all the safety equipment? We can organise for all the services if you require help.

This may also give members looking on some idea of your approach to boating and safety.

As mentioned we can help with VHF radio courses for the license you require to operate a VHF radio. We all listen in on channel 06 if you require some help or advice or would just like to know other club members are near by.

Please make sure you are planned and considered with the launching of your new vessel, this can be a tricky maneouvre  a few of our members can recall with slight embarrassment.

I will watch with interest.

Mal Thomas Safety officer. 

Welcome to the club Ray

I used to have a 16 ft Mayland, nice little boat, which I used to launch at Cobbs Quay.

Come to a club meeting at Parkstone Trades and Labour Club, Ashley Road, and meet the guys.

There is a lot of knowledge there you can tap into about the club, fishing, boat handling and safety,.

Meetings are 7:30 for 8pm on the first Thursday of the month.

See you there

Tony