Sweet Pea with a new guest.

Mal Thomas

Spoke to Neal and discussed the weather and it seemed ok, but I was probably going to go out on my own and not enter.

Neal changed his plans around to enable me to enter so thanks for that Neal. We all need to discuss more and get guests out on our boats, we had a bumpier day than expected but we enjoyed our day together and I now have an invite on Court Jester and thats how it all works. For those without a boat put your name on this post and I will invite you out, Ian you dont have to bother as I know you are standing by.

Thanks for the company Neal and I hope you enjoyed your day on board Sweet Pea.

Sea Dream had a new guest too - Pete G, who sourced about half a tonne of bait and rubby dubby.

However the best made plans and all that meant we struggled all day - but didn't blank - just.

Great company Pete and thanks for braving the elements. You're welcome anytime, Hope your boat is back in the water soon.

Conditions were variable and chilly and I failed to provide the crew with much on the fish front - but we gave it a go..

And that's what being in this club is all about !

I (unfortunately ) go out on my own on many days, just one of the downsides of self- employment , you never get a regular day or evening that despite carefull planning actually happens .

I also find getting my boat loaded, fuelled up, safety checks done etc takes around a couple of hours , add to that a drive down to ? And catch the tide at the slipway .

The other slight issue than can scupper a day out is £££££ .I only go if I have the cash in my pocket, it's very difficult situation being self employed , months of being flat out and then nothing for weeks .

I think I spend more time out on other members boats than my own , I always, always try to return the favour , even if it's for a couple of hours somewhere , it's a great thing to be invited out no matter what boat you own or operate big or small .

For some members it can be difficult to offer open invitations , you offer your usual crew a space , they can't make it , you don't want some miserable tight git that will turn up , use up all your bait and don't even offer a few quid for the fuel ( I have never had that happen )

I'm pleased to have taken 7 club members out on my old tub, all of them have had a great day and been a pleasure to spend the day with

One of the best things is that I have gained a massive insite to new methods of fishing, I also have gained confidence in the ways of boat ownership and most important of all is safety at sea .

Not bad for £17.00 a year !

I (unfortunately ) go out on my own on many days, just one of the downsides of self- employment , you never get a regular day or evening that despite carefull planning actually happens .

I also find getting my boat loaded, fuelled up, safety checks done etc takes around a couple of hours , add to that a drive down to ? And catch the tide at the slipway .

The other slight issue than can scupper a day out is £££££ .I only go if I have the cash in my pocket, it's very difficult situation being self employed , months of being flat out and then nothing for weeks .

I think I spend more time out on other members boats than my own , I always, always try to return the favour , even if it's for a couple of hours somewhere , it's a great thing to be invited out no matter what boat you own or operate big or small .

For some members it can be difficult to offer open invitations , you offer your usual crew a space , they can't make it , you don't want some miserable tight git that will turn up , use up all your bait and don't even offer a few quid for the fuel ( I have never had that happen )

I'm pleased to have taken 7 club members out on my old tub, all of them have had a great day and been a pleasure to spend the day with

One of the best things is that I have gained a massive insite to new methods of fishing, I also have gained confidence in the ways of boat ownership and most important of all is safety at sea .

That is a great recommendation for the club, do you mind if we use it in future promo material?

Thanks to you too Mal, a pleasant - but chilly day out.

The fishing proved more challenging than expected but we caught a few - although mostly the ever present dogfish!

We both went home with dinner - even though mine had been run over on the way to your boat!

(a pheasant in case anyone was wondering!)

I look forward to having you on Court Jester sometime soon.

Conditions were variable and chilly and I failed to provide the crew with much on the fish front - but we gave it a go..

Don't put yourself down Stuie . :)

I came back with a suntan AND had a great day out AND I didn't blank AND I cleaned out the wife's freezer (brownie point galore and maybe some decent food on the horizon). :D

I must say I was relly impressed with the sea keeping of the Alaska 500 athough I'm sure it was all down to the boat handling skill of its skipper. ;)

Don't forget open Invite on Reflections 2 when they get the engine working again.

Great Day out with Great Company ...... :D

Peteg

Still waiting for Jimbo ( Tiddler) to complete my top dangling skills class but most of all a day out on his Pilot ( bloody love these craft )

It'll happen one day Hooky.

Only been out once this year for an hour and ½ with the Grandchildren and no fishing rods.

Hoping to get out a bit more in future.  ;)

- -- - - 

Graham, I'd love to come out on Foxy.

Mal,  I'd love to come out on Sweet Pea.

One day . . . . . 

Jim

Hi All,

My name's Peter (PLD). I've been a member for a couple of years but don't have a boat.

As a relative newcomer to sea angling I've been out quite a few times on Manta Ray and I think I have finally beaten the dreaded seasickness (tempting fate or what?).

I still have a lot to learn and would love to be able to crew occasionally for club members.

As a retiree I can often be available at short notice and on weekdays.

Am happy to help out with costs and would also be happy to repay/earn favours by helping out with maintenance tasks.

As a lifelong coarse and game angler I moved to Christchurch 3 years ago from Twickenham for a better lifestyle and to be nearer to family. Sea angling is new and I am really enjoying the learning curve.

Hope to hear from you.

Peter

Having been one of the seven. I have enjoyed going out with hooky and learning lots of secret fishing spots, to sometime catch fish and other times get a great suntan. Either way its the joining in that's the best bit, it's also nice to know its great sharing club

Looking forward to getting willow wind in the water this year and blowing the dust off her.