Smily face

gjb

I upgraded my Win 7 Pro Laptop(2009) to Win 10 pro and initially it seemed ok then started crashing which I believe is due to a conflict with the NVidia Video driver.

This causes me a problem as the laptop will only work with the original ASUS nvidia driver and windows 10 keeps wanting to upgrade it .

Long story short reverted back to Win 7 pro.

Very Happy . No way am I changing my dual core Laptop as it is whizzy fast with a 512mb SSD fitted and all my software works fine

I still use XP on my desktops but have upgraded another couple of more recent  HP  laptops to Windows 10 home without problems and although I lost my Microsoft office license  on one due to a clean install I have installed  Ashampoo Office 2016 which covers me most of the time.

Overall Win 10 looks good but be careful with legacy software it may require buying  new versions. :(

I've put Windows 10 on one of my laptops and it's fine, But on one it screwed the keyboard, half worked half didn't.

So I'm now running Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Widows 10.

I'm very suspicious as It's free, Microsoft don't give anything away.

You can't switch off automatic updates, so if Microsoft wanted to follow Apple and only let you run programs purchased from them, they could quite easily.

Brian

My PC problems started by doing the upgrade from 8.1 to 10 but it could be a hardware problem, system freezes and so have to do a re-boot to try again and again etc etc

I have read and been told that the best way to get Windows 10 to work correctly is a fresh install

Just got to check on Google for the number of problems people are having with W10 after an upgrade, I suspect that there are loads of people who have had no problems but talking to the guy trying to sort out my PC said he has seen a number of issues after an upgrade.

I would suggest be VERY careful before going to Windows 10 as an upgrade and make sure you have everything backed up!

Forgot to add that Windows 10 does NOT have Windows Media anymore you have to pay! or get another version from a 3rd party