Front Page updates

Oli our new webmaster has been beavering away working on our front page http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/index.html

He has updated photos, removed old news, we now have our calendar of up and coming items in an automatic feed, latest catches and photo feed maintained by mods + other bits.

We have more plans to condense the amount of writing ie our club intro to just a few lines with a link to a fuller information page for those that are interested.

Could you guys take a look and give your opinions/suggestions

Looks good and should attract a lot of interest from outside the club

One small point it mentions our open comp is usually in November next to the poster for it in June.

I was waiting for someone to notice that! :lol:

Sorted now

The latest catches pics auto update ok but the forward and back buttons don't seem to function

Strange about the forward and back buttons on the latest catches on the front page - working fine here. What device/browser are you using?

Anyone else having the same issue?

Hi Oli,

How about including a few Testimonials from people that are in the Club -

Founder members - why the club was started and how it has changed

Newer members - why they joined, what were they looking for , has the club met or exceeded expectations?

Neal

Thanks for the input so far everyone.

Chris - if you could let me know when you've checked the laptop it would be much appreciated

Neal - I like the idea of that, We are going to be condensing the front page Welcome text with the aim of lifting the recent catch photos higher up the page. This new welcome text will link to a page that Brian is writing the content for with things like membership info, links to join, club constitution etc so maybe that page would be a good place for these testimonials?

I should explain how the front page recent catch bit works. If you go into the site's gallery, you'll see a new album "Front Page Gallery". Any member can upload here but each photo has to be approved by a moderator - this is to make sure they're the right orientation, decent quality, not of Rob's private areas etc. So if anyone wants a photo on the front page, just add it to this gallery. We will also be picking decent ones from recent catch reports to add there too. It displays the most recently added first, so should be a nice simple way of regularly updating the front page.

Open to all and any ideas anyone may have.

Looks Good Oli,

all seems to work on all my devices,

can we add some pictures of the Kids with Fish into the Photo Album, trying to promote a younger generation into fishing and most kids now have access to the internet would be a good shop window to keep the younger ones interested,

regards,

sam

Looks Good Oli,

all seems to work on all my devices,

can we add some pictures of the Kids with Fish into the Photo Album, trying to promote a younger generation into fishing and most kids now have access to the internet would be a good shop window to keep the younger ones interested,

regards,

sam

Good idea Sam - have added half a dozen, if you have some other good ones feel free to add them to that gallery or send them my way and I will.

Thanks

Oli

Having problem with my work PC

this is one of the websites I can actually connect with

The pictures and text looks like viewed through a fish eye lens

is it the trust's encryption / protection???

Tony

It's either the PC, or the wine. Looks fine on my PC and iPad.