Bonza Bloke

Hi all, My name is Chris and I joined the other day. ( still owe £12 to club, I have not forgotten Brian ).

At the moment I still live in Hertfordshire, but I am selling up and moving to Poole or close by; So any advice on areas would be helpful  Price range about £ 250,000. Oakland looks ok, plus some parts of Hamworhty.

As for my fishing experience;  Well apart from living and my first experience in sea fishing in Australia 25 years ago, its just been the last 2 years beach and boat fishing in Dungeness.

After three major operation's on both my shoulders I found that I just don't have the umph to beach cast !  

So I brought a boat of my very own ! :unsure:

Went to a proper dealer thinking that was the safer option, but no! Totally tucked up, due to my lack of knowledge! :angry:  

Anyway, after the initial £ 4000 or so, thinking its all singing and bleeding dancing ; Only to find, it don't sing and just about dances !

Not to be deterred by this ( small ) glitch  Chris went to work !!!

Cut a long story short plus another near £10,000.  I am now the proud owner of an old but great Orkney Fastliner 19 . 

Apart from the original hull and cuddy the rest is all brand new, including trailer!

Now it goes like stink!

Garmin said I was doing 32 knots last time I was out ! Hope it wasn't lying ! ;)  

Did the RYA level 2.  ( DIDNT TAKE ENOUGH NOTES ! )

Got my radio licence and MMSI , all logged in . 

Still have  HUGE amounts to learn, so looking forward to club nights when I move down soon !

Have to go and cook now; I am the Chief of the house ! ;)  Better than chicken nuggets every night ! :rolleyes:   

All the best and tight lines and all that jazz.

Chris

Hi Chris

Welcome to the club Chris. I grew up in Hamworthy and now live just outside. Hamworthy is largely on the flat and most things are within walking distance including the shore. It's a great place to live, you've even got a tackle shop in Hamworthy.

Good luck in your house hunting and look forward to seeing you at the Meeting.

Greg

Hi Chris

As I said in an email welcome to the club.  Once you have paid up I will upgrade your forum status to that of club member.  This will give you access to the club only section.

The orkney fastliners are great boats perfect for inshore fishing in our area.  Get yourself down here and start using it  :)

Hello Chris,

Welcome to the club and soon, the area.

There are lots of good areas to live in and around Poole and the places to buy will depend on family (kids?), work, size of house and access to town/coast/country. Let me know what your after and I can give some advice, you can blame me when it goes tits up later.

We moved back from NZ at the end of 2010 and so I looked for somewhere just outside town, I can't be too far from sheep (calm down Charlie).

Cheers Ian

Many thanks for all the welcomes guys !

Looking so forward to the move !

As for you Ian, just looking for a house in a not so densely populated area, like Parkstone. With a radius of 5 or so miles from town with garage and lots of parking for a boat, van and a rather large 4+4 .

Estate Agents sure know how to use a wide angle lens to good affect!!!

Any offers of advice would be very welcome, as I don't know the area that well!

Cheers in advance.

Chris

Welcome Chris

I too moved down from Bedfordshire, used to live in Hertfordshire, and like everyone else not looked back.

Like most clubs you only get out by what you put in, get to know people at a club night and even offer to crew with some of the "older" members you will use you as the anchor bitch in many cases, however you will quickly learn when and where to fish at certain times.

Regarding location to move to, like all towns and cities there are places best to avoid if you value your car/boat/home but I am sure if you talk to your estate agent he/she will advise you.

Good luck at look forward to meeting up at a meeting soon

Dave