Bob Horne Memorial Flounder Comp - Sunday 8th December

Neal

Fisheagle can't make this one as there is some Warranty Work which is on going and could run into early next week. Good luck to all fishing, will probably get to the weigh in. Jan Triska (Club Member) was going to crew for me, he knows the Harbour and would like to fish the Competition if anyone still has a spare place.

Please ring me on 07758356474. and I will pass on a message.

Many Thanks.

Allan.

1) Court Jester - Neal, Stuie, Jan Tryska (secret weapon!)
2) Alfresco - Charlie, Sam
3)Kingfisher - Chris, + Jim ( Tiddler ) + TBC
4) Serenity - Tony, Peter + Dean
5) Wight Magic Dave ,Kev ,Jacob , Mick
6) Warren - Rich and Alun.
7) Valton -Malcolm -Tony -Andrew.
8) Moonlight Shadow - John, Njeri

Dave Evans and Chris Witheford were up in the prizes too.

So was everyone who weighed a fish in - - - - - - - and all who DIDN'T weigh a fish in !   ( Meeeee ) :D

And a special well done to Jacob and Jayden ( junior entrants ) who won a rod and reel each. ;)

Jim

Rich on Warren was second with a fish of 3lbs. 8ozs. or so and I even got a very nice Chrismas Pudding-Tesco's finest no less -for just turning up at the weigh in. Thought the format and the additional prizes created a more jovial atmosphere and people lingered, mixed and talked more giving a festive feel. The two Juniors also seemed over the moon with their rod and reel each. Well done everyone. Should be some great photos.

Allan.

Bob Horne Memorial Flounder Competition

Results as follows

Mick Pike                      3lb 12oz

Rich Stevens                 3lb 8.5oz

Kev Couzens                 3lb 5oz

Chris Witheford              3lb 4.5oz

Alun Jones                    2lb 11.5oz

Stuart Cooper                2lb 9oz

Sam Chapman               1lb 13.5oz

Dean Burt                      1lb 12.5oz

Jan Tryska                    1lb 12oz

Martin Cherret                1lb 10oz

Mike Toms                    1lb 9oz

Tony Deavin                   1lb 6oz

Dave Evans                   1lb 2.5oz

Pete Russell (Snr)          14.5oz

Great results guys well done, some very impressive fish and I believe Jan had about a dozen.

Who would have thought a fish of 3lb 4oz would come in 4th :D

Well done to those involved in getting the prizes together, I am sure all enjoyed the new format and the chance to take some goodies home.

gallery_6_17_158504.jpg

and here is Mick our winner, after a hard days floundering he could not lift the very generous hamper

Well done all involved

gallery_6_17_256377.jpg

Thanks for efforts for those that ran the comp, a good day out as far as flounder fishing goes for me!

Usually I either a blank or maybe 1 fish, not yesterday 2 fish with the first 2 drifts with the float. :)

Great start and was hoping for a good catch, but no not another fish all day between us. :(

Still the egg cup of diesel used and the banter on the boat and the prize giving banter made it worth the effort.

I see the comp wind gods are hard at work for next weekends comp!!

Thanks to " Dave  the pirk" for the trip out, and also for putting us on the fish after the long journey there! 

The banter was great, even when Dave's bucket " escaped" from the boat , last seen somewhere in  Holes Bay!!!!

Dave has offered a reward ( divers are there today !!!) of £ ????????? :D

That famous ( on WM anyway ) comment of " where's my f@!?ing float gone" rang true again yesterday, cos I didnt't see it go under! Also, I had another greedy bugger take both hooks down his gob !!

Thanks to the organisers of the comp, and also the great hamper sourced by Alun, alsoto see all the other goodies there too.

Merry xmas, mine will be  :)  :)

Mick

Yep thanks Dave for putting us on my mark,it chucked up a few fish again. And a big thank you to all the hard work you chaps put in to make the comps run well. It was a Xmas treat for the extra prize for all.

And well done to Neal and his merry men for organising the junior comp.

Plus all the people that put donations towards the prizes. Jacob was well chuffed with his rod and reel, he even took it to bed with him.

Well it gives me a pass to take him out to test it out.

Well done mick on the winning fish we will all be out to beat you next year

Kev and a happy Jacob