Wishin for the tow

niggle

A big thank you to Neal with Court Jester for getting us back across the bay from Swanage after the leg on Wishin Too decided to lose drive.Also thanks to Charlie,Tony ,Trev and big Colin who all offered.Due to tides it wasn't possible to get into Christchuch until 5 when a mate with a Starfisher from the berth next to me made the special journey to tow me in the last couple of miles...Thanks Alan....and Neal

Here's hoping its a economical repair Nige

:-(

Bad news Nige.

It's been a bad year for this hasnt it! Must be the nice weather and increased usage. I was also thinking last night, and nearly all the boats that we regulary see out within the club have suffered some kind of fairly serious mechanical issues over the past year or two - doesnt say much for marine engines! You dont see cars doing it that often.

Keep us posted.

A running survey of the club boats could prove rather interesting and possibly lead to safety/technical areas failure prone and hence worth concentrating on.

Eg, suffer some sort of boat problem, fill out a form manly tickbox/drop down lists on the club website examples:

Fault: Mechanical             type: engine not starting       manufacturer: Volvo

Fault: Environmental        type: rope round prop           System: shaft drive

Fault: Electronics             type: VHF radio fail

Nothing too onerous but a worthwhile source of information over time, any thoughts?

Steve

• 4 weeks later...