Air show

great white

Hi all

I had this through from my brother earlier

In the absance of a program its the best I could get

2010 Air Display Schedule

Brochure available from 9th August: to pre-order please call the Tourist Information Centre 0845 051 1700, or from local participating outlets from 11th August

With over 12 hours of flying, the skies of Bournemouth will be hosting crowd favourites, incredible displays and some superb new aircraft

Be prepared for all the numpties who know nothing boating they all seem to come out for this one. It will get very busy between the piers and be careful on your way back home it is often chaos through the run.

But it is still a great day out enjoy it. We are out tomorrow for some of it but fishing is our priority and the air show an added bonus.

Give us a wave if you see us

Colin

Be prepared for all the numpties who know nothing boating they all seem to come out for this one. It will get very busy between the piers and be careful on your way back home it is often chaos through the run.

But it is still a great day out enjoy it. We are out tomorrow for some of it but fishing is our priority and the air show an added bonus.

Give us a wave if you see us

Colin

We waved and you upped your anchor and buggered off! ohmy.gif

Charming!

Sorry didnt see you I only lifted the anchor cos it was dragging and I was a bit worried I was dragging onto the trip boat that was anchored up. I reset it just a bit further out. We were one of the last boats to leave the area.

Sorry again I will pay more attention next time

Colin

I'm looking at Sunday via the sea route, as the weather looks slightly better....

Went out in the rubber dinghy to the mooring today, or rather tried to row out after giving up with starting the O/board, and couldnt make any headway against the strongish breeze and short chop. The harder I pulled on the oars the plastic rowlocks just bent. gave up and rowed back in...Oh Poo.

At least I saw Star Turn coming back to their Marina berth - Enjoy the luxury of the facilities Charlie... tempted to sleep aboard??

Paul

At least I saw Star Turn coming back to their Marina berth - Enjoy the luxury of the facilities Charlie... tempted to sleep aboard??

Paul

That might be the only thing I can do whilst holidaying at PYC if this weather doesn't break! mad.gifrolleyes.gifweep.gif

You could always have a paddle around the marina mate wink.giftongue.gif

Paul

That might be the only thing I can do whilst holidaying at PYC if this weather doesn't break! mad.gifrolleyes.gifweep.gif

You could always have a paddle around the marina mate wink.giftongue.gif

Not sure I can cope with the excitement of that 2 days in a row! laugh.gif

We were sitting on top of the cliff enjoying the view just by the centre line.

Glad I was on tera firma as it looked very lumpy out there sick.gifsick.gif

Shame the cloud base was so low and the Red Arrows having to cut their display short even with x2 aircraft short!

We were also at the show on Thursday PM but down Boscome end, could not see everything clearly but a good display from most aircraft.

The Hunter and F16 was the best of the day, Friday's display.

Will be there on Saturday, just hope the Vulcan and Typhoon fly! unsure.gif

Dave

cool.gif

The Typhoon did fly on Friday!!!

but it was about 6pm - half an hour after most people had left. \It just did a few practice circuits at low speed.

Must Admit, the Red Arrows display was the worst I've ever seen from them, a pity that they flew at the end of the display and in the poorest conditions with the cloud base a few hundred feet, and they seemed to spend most of their time in an assymetrical format (only 8 planes) and out to sea. Didnt even go for their head to head pass...

I wouldnt have wanted to be on a small boat out there, it looked dreadful.

However the sand was much more comfortable and we saw a brilliant F16 display, and enjoyed the wingwalkers, black cats and Cap232 aerobatics.

Looking forward to some more displays over the next few days

Paul

Edited by Sinbad

Today:

The R.M Beach landing was the abridged version where they didn't land on the beach.

One of the two Black Cats razzed around a bit.

The rest... cancelled.

BLOODY WEATHER. mad.gif

Tomorrow is supposed to be 'a bit' better'...

Edit:

Thursday, when the weather was 'good'

user posted image

When we got 'told-off' buy the RNLI, until we related how we were attempting to bring in the 50m of trailing rope that was on the surface behind THIER BUOY. rolleyes.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by charlieannear