steve hawkins

Member Removed

Hi Steve,

Welcome!

Nice boat! I think we have one or two Pirates in 'The Club'. What setup do you have engine wise? What type of boat angling do you like to do?

I have the older Souter Mi 21, principally the same boat, with inboard Tdiesel 130hp to a 290dpe leg in my case. I operate from Xchurch just up from the bandstand on the Stour. I keep a look out for you.

Trev

Welcome to the Club Steve

Please feel welcome to join in on the Forum and you will soon get the feel of us lot, sure you will get banter but none is bitter.

Nice boat, What sort of fishing do you do ? and what sort of range.

We had a Pirate 21 with us in alderney last year, certainly shows the capability

Cheers again

Charlie biggrin.gif

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me! and for the comments about the boat. I have owned her now for 2 years and am very pleased with the sea keeping and build quality. I have the Honda 225hp fitted, which is great, but I wish I had gone for the 2 x 90hp option.

As for the fishing...well I have to say I enjoy fishing for all species. I have made a few longer trips out to the Pinnacle and beyond and have caught some nice Tope out there. I have also had a couple of Cod this year uptiding.

Generally I prefer to fish with lighter tackle wherever possible.

Peteg, I don't think we met up in 2009, I hope you are well and to see you soon.

Conger King (Tony), 'what the boat is really used for'.......! Well everyone, I run a fireworks business and the boat is officially a safety boat for when we are firing shows on or near water. The boat is fully coded CAT3 (20 miles C.O.P) because it is a safety boat, that's why there are quite few bits and bobs on her.

If it works, I have attached a jpeg of my mate Richard who caught a decent Cod 3 mikles off Handfast Point the other week. He would like to join the club as well.

All the best

Steve

post-17-1264511560jpg

Welcome Steve,

I,m sure you will enjoy the help and the banter within the club and as a fellow Pirate 21 owner, engined the same as mine there are not many marks in the Channel that you will not be able to fish.( Weather permitting) and what's more you'll get there in half the time. wink.gif

Tomo

Once again thanks to everyone for posting your comments. For Tomo and Paul D, I haven't ventured to Aldernay yet, so haven't experienced 'The Swinge'. I was hoping to make a trip in 2009 but the weather forecasts never gave me a big enough window to make the trip. I hope we get a good settled Summer this year. I did buy a very useful DVD about the approaches to Aldernay, The Race and The Swinge, it seems very useful. My wife moans because I have watched it so many times and pretty much know the narration off by heart! Well I am glad to hear that you guys make the trip across and hopefully don't have too many bad tales to tell!